Friday, June 16, 2006

party's over

So, Vegas was great and even though it felt like a long enough trip, there was still so much we didn't have time to do, so I am starting to see why my friend has been there 5 times in 2 years!

First off, Vegas was not nearly as obnoxious as I thought it would be. Not all loud and clangy and crowded and in your face. An entire universe away from Atlantic City, which is gross. Everything was beautiful, slightly gaudy with the giant sphynx or statue of liberty, or golden lion out in front of the various hotels, but fun in that 'disney world for grown ups' sort of way. It was definitely a positive sensory experience, every hotel, restaurant, etc. was beautifully designed.

We got to see 2 shows, Ka and Love, which were both incredible productions. For Ka, we were in the fourth row center!!! There were people FLYING directly over our HEADS! It was just like being IN the story. Vertical battle scenes, fire-y arrows shooting through the air, fireworks, so cool! The best part is, everything was free! Well not the shows or anything but you get my drift. The food, the hotel, the flight...

The coolest thing about the trip was this: I so needed to get away, I haven't taken one vacation day yet this year and was starting to get very burnt out at work. Between the trip being free, and the cool design conference sessions I was able to attend (I got to meet Ze Frank!) and getting to go with V and have him all to myself for 5 days, and the suprize Beatles show that got me all choked up because it was such an awesome sweet thoughtful suprise and I loved it so much-- Vegas was such another universe that it really really felt like getting away. I didn't even want the plane ride back to end. Now I only have a week until I go to Israel - now THAT stresses me out!

2 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Shirley Burley! I can't wait to hold you in my arms...

:)

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger monica said...

awwwww you are so gaga!!!!!!!!! hehehee i love it! :-D

i hope you took lots of pics! where are the pics you took!!??!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home