Thursday, June 08, 2006

"This is a message to all those who take violence as a path."

Violence in the name of ending violence? I guess so, and believe me I am not shedding any tears over the death of al-Zarqaqi, yet somehow the idea leaves a bad taste in my mouth, reminding me of the way I feel when I see a mother smack her child and say, 'don't hit'

I guess that sometimes violence is a neccessary choice, and dropping an A-bomb on an entire city to end a war can be considered the greater good for the greater number of people- I don't know that I have any other solutions but I do know that I don't like that one.

Joys and trials of parenthood-

The good:
J: I'm going to assasinate you!
Me: Wow, I must be a pretty important person! Usually they only call it an assasination if you kill someone really important, like the president.
J: You *are* a very important person, to me

Working together and throwing this and that into the blender to come up with an awfully delicious smoothie, one of the best I've ever made:
Fresh banannas and blueberries, frozen strawberries, frozen orange juice mix, vanilla yogurt, soymilk, and ice. mmmmmm it was perfect!

J is picked to be the lead in a song and dance routine to be preformed in honor of a retiring teacher, the only one with a solo
listening to him practice it and talk about how other kids watching him practice were saying, 'man, J's really good!'

The bad:
C picking a fight with me and remaining angry all evening and has to spend it alone in his room, even though he can't really communicate what I did to upset him, and knowing its probably all of those social and academic and parental pressures that cause your middle school and highschool years to be so emotionally tortuous. Feeling guilty knowing that I probably could have handled it better if I wasn't so drained from working all day.

The ugly:
I still sent J up with a smoothie for him- I'm a pushover

Ever wonder about Judaism's views on sex?

3 Comments:

At 2:42 AM, Blogger Noam said...

Zarqawi was a mass murderer of innocent people. What other choice was there but to kill him? If they could have captured him, they would have. How can you compare that to nuking an entire city of innocent civillians?

Watch out with Cody there. He's at screw-up-his-life age. You remember the teenage angst, the wanting to assert your own identity by rebelling, all that. Steering him through these waters is your calling.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger monica said...

uhm, wat kind of child says that! i mean, kill you yes, but assasinate. LOL i dont know if i should be scared (that he even knows about "killing" and would say that to you) or the fact that he freakin used such a "grown-up" word! not that i'm surprised, ur kids are off the charts smart, but damn! so crazy to hear the stuff that comes outta their mouths!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger monica said...

the primary issue for me about that Zarquawi stuff is not that he was killed, but the sensationalism that followed in the media. i mean his dead body all over CNN and all the reports of how long he stayed alive and who was in the house with him and what kind of lingerie was found. what the hell!?!??!

but on the topic of using bombs, etc, i mean when is this shit going to end? never. and in the end are we any better then the "terrorists"? i mean we are destroying entire cities and we are killing way too many innocent folks over there - women, children, old folks. and to them, we are terrorists. only difference is that we have nice uniforms and bigger guns. its just awful. yes, this guy was a total shit and evil, but has anything been solved? no. within 24 hours the next guy was already online and on TV talkin about the need to fight back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home