Monday, June 12, 2006

viva las vegas

After a wonderfully direct flight across the country we arrived in Vegas at around noontime. On the way over, we were blessed with bright sunshine and cloudless skies and the pilot kindly informed us that we were about to fly over the Grand Canyon. It was amazing! I knew it was big (hence the name!) but, it was massive, even from however many miles above the earth we were flying. Unbeleivable. I know that people pay $350 for a helicoptor ride over the canyon but we got to see it for free. Sweet!

Since the conference didn't start until Monday, we had the afternoon and evening to ourselves, which we spent eating and napping and watching the NBA playoffs. V placed a bet on Dallas as the winner, they had to win by 5 points or more for him to double his money. He knew they weren't the favorite against Miami Heat with giant Shaq the bully and the amazing talent of Dwayne Wade but heard that Wade was still recovering from the flu and had a broken thumb bone. He didn't want to have to root for Miami anyway so he went with his heart (the worst way to gamble!) and they won! By a lot! Exciting.

Then V had a suprise for me, he had secretly bought tickets to the Cirque de Soleil show 'Love' which is Beatles theme and set to their music. I LOVED IT! It was probably the best show I have ever seen. I would change the sentiment 'All you need is love' to 'All you need is love, and music, and art' hehe. We had perfect seats, not too far and not too close. I wish I could describe the show but I know I wouldn't do it justice. It was so beautiful and creative and choreographed perfectly, and the lighting, and the costumes, all weird and yellow submarine-ish. The girls seating you were dressed in bobby cop costumes like from the 60's and the dudes were dressed like the queens guard. Everything was so well done, and weird, and wonderful. It was an awesome first day, and today the conference starts!

4 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I told you Vegas was awesome!!
Now I want to go back.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger monica said...

:) i'm so glad you all are having fun! that was really sweet of V to do that for you. glad u liked the surprise! :)

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Dammit, I'm sorry. I suck.

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i didn't come to vegas! we went to garberville instead. yes i'm in humboldt. yes it's awesome. in a completely opposite way that vegas is i'm sure. i pet a baby deer! i saw a scorpion! i'm staying in an adorable cabin in the hills! it's beautiful!! hope vegas is a blast. anyways we already lost money in Reno so screw it. maybe i'll go to vegas one day when i'm rich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home