Wednesday, May 24, 2006

idol words

I am somewhat (read: extremely, distressingly) embarrassed about this, but after falling into the habit of watching American Idol with the kids in the spirit of 'family time,' then later falling out of the habit after the best singer was voted off by an obviously retarded American majority, I eventually was coerced into watching the final episode tonight. Ok that's a bald-faced lie, there was absolutely zero coercion; I sort of HAD to watch it or something. Argh! Anyway, even worse, I was actually ENTERTAINED! What does this say about ME, aren't I supposed to MOCK people who get EXCITED about pop culture reality television?? When surprise guest Prince came on, I swear I actually felt a small thrill. Who am I and what have I done with my Daria alter-ego?

"I spent about ten minutes agog at this symptom diary on a parasite "cleansing" forum. You should too. "

5 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

who are you and what have you done with Spider Girl.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger SuperWife said...

They got me too! Are you starting a support group here?

Worse! I actually got upset when they named the winner. Doesn't that mean I gave a damn?

Oh, Sweet Jesus, is there no hope for me?!?!?

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still upset about the Chris being voted off thing, but I still watched the finale sigh.

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Noam said...

Oh, right, you complain when the guy you wanted was voted off. But did you vote? Don't you know people once died for the right to vote?

(Daria would watch and enjoy American Idol. She just wouldn't admit it. Even to herself.)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Oh, Shirley, congratulations on being the only person who has commented on my blog in more than a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home