Monday, September 26, 2005

So, this weekend I had to cancel my birthday plans because I became inconveniently ill. Luckily it didn't completely knock me out and by Saturday night I was able to do some low-maintenance camping (meaning, 7pm to 7am, no hiking or physical exertion required). It was the best camping setup imaginable, steps away from a class A bathroom, clean and fully stocked with t.p., a gentlemanly b/f who walks you to the bathroom every time you need to go, nice tent with an air mattress, sheets, pillows and blanket. That's how I like to camp. Enjoy the great outdoors but with all the comforts of home, not squatting in a ditch with spiders crawling up your leg when you need to pee, or sleeping on the cold hard ground with sticks in your back. Unfortunately, my sister had used the air mattress at the Rainbow Gathering, burned a hole in it, and patched the hole (badly), so, sadly, by morning I actually was laying on the cold hard ground.

I was the entertainment, with my pathetic 7 song repetoir on the guitar, but I guess it was better then nothin'! Fun for me anyway. I just wished B would stop talking about Ricardo Montalban! It was a nice time, though, sitting in folding chairs around a (poorly constructed) campfire with B-Funk (weird and random as usual, although, props to him for knowing without me having to say so that I prefer my veggieburger to be cooked before any of the meat hit the grill), Christoff (one mellow Frenchman!), Shannon (well.... completely silent with a huge grin plastered on her face the whole time), Jaime (a pretty cool cat), me & V, beerz, cooking up grub on a webber grill, the wind rushing through the treetops silhouetted against the night sky above, some unrecognizable insects, or birds, or frogs or something (actually it sounded like ducks) singing their night songs overhead. Next time I won't be sick and I def want to do some hiking. I love the fall.

Well, I thought Shwagon was unembarrassable, but I finally did it.
We were at a stop sign right in front of the grocery store. I look out of my open passenger side window and see the rear-end of a chick loading groceries in her car. Well, sexy rear end that it was, I said out the window in my most sultry voice, 'Hey, baybeh'
He turned bright red! And said, 'I am soo embarrassed!'
SCORE!


ew Quote of the day:
"I want to sop that @ss up with a buscuit!"

Quote of the weekend:
(on what its like to wake up on a deflated air mattress in a gravel campsite)
"Have you ever slept in the middle of the ROAD!?"

2 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger DarkTortoise said...

How much talking about Ricardo Montalban can a person do? Didn't B run out of things to say after about, like, two seconds? "He was much cooler in that Star Trek movie than on Fantasy Island. Um, uh...."

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

sultry voice my ass. it sounded it Butthead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home