Monday, September 12, 2005

Operation: Ceasefire and the holy hell that is the public restroom

Free concert (slash war protest) at the mall, Sept. 24: The Thievery Corporation, Le Tigre, Steve Earle, The Bellrays, Bouncing Souls, Ted Leo & The Pharmacists, The Coup, Wayne Kramer, and Jello Biafra (of the Dead Kennedys) more info >>

Rant of the day:

I hate public restrooms! I mean, I'm glad they exist but its just sheer cheapness that causes the 'powers-that-be' to line up 6 barn-style stalls side by side and force people to relieve themselves mere inches away from someone else relieving themselves. I mean seriously, ew. I am sitting there taking a nice girly little tinkle when suddenly I realize-- too late-- I'm trapped! Next to some woman having serious gastrointestinal issues. Why, WHY should I have to be exposed to that! Does it really cost so much more to create separate private rooms? Are we farm animals? Furthermore, do I really want a coworker chit chatting with me while sitting on the crapper committing odiforous and noisy biological acts as I attempt to wash my hands as quickly as possible so that I don't permanently associate that coworker with those sounds and smells while attempting to have a meeting with them, perhaps that very afternoon???? Is it just me ?!?
(p.s. that toilet is real. seriously.)

Sorry, your browser doesn't support the embedding of multimedia.
I don't even know how to caption this movie.

7 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Spider Girl, what's up?

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try being a guy for a day and lining up at a wall of urinals WITH NO PARTITIONS between. Everything's just kinda hanging out there. Everyone is really uncomfortable, looking straight ahead (at the tiled wall). You dare not look around lest ye be pegged for queer. Totally awkward and farm animal like. And then's there's always the inconsiderate dweeb who will choose the urinal right beside you when they could clearly have chosen to a urinal two down from you. Maddening.

Chicks have it so easy.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't make me try that. It sounds absolutely ghastly. People are animals.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a coworker who is about 60. More times than i can count I've walked in to see him standing at the urinal w/his ass staring me in the face. Barely covered by his old and busted tighty whities. PULL UP YOUR GOD DAMN PANTS MAN! That image is burned into my memory and in case it starts to fade I'm sure he'll drop trow again today AAAAHHH! My story wins!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger monica said...

OMG now i'm sitting here wondering which coworker it is?!?! ack! i don't want to think about my coworkers asses!!!! well, most of them ;) hehe sike!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger monica said...

PS - check out this hilarious story about poopy workplace restrooms!

http://crapthatsbuggingme.blogspot.com/2005/09/washing-away-dream.html

"Sitting here broken hearted, came to shit but only farted"

hahahahhhahahahahahhaha

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I forgot about the stupid videos we used to make at work to pass the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home