Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Its All Good

This weekend I may go to Dewey Beach for the weekend or perhaps the 9th Annual Allgood Festival. Its kind of a hippy-fest I guess, and you camp out there over the weekend. Its at a place called 'Marvin's Mountaintop' which is awesome, because if I had a mountaintop I would totally name it after myself, too.

I've only heard of maybe 5 or 6 of the bands, but I spent some time last night downloading some Flaming Lips and I kind of like them, its like psychedelic alternative rock.

About their new album, Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots:

"...a concept album about robots and karate that, somewhere along the line, strays into languorous, contemplative songs about mortality and death"

haha- what?

The coolest thing is that I thought the illegal download days were over, since most of what I have lately tried to download off of Kazaa has been fake songs, but I downloaded Limewire and it is working GREAT so far.

This guy is my hero.

4 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger bigsip said...

HA! The Flaming Lips...They do weird music, man. Kinda fun, though. "She uses tangerines" comes to mind. Go, listen, enjoy. I'm enjoying your blog, btw. Your bantering with your sister is cleansing somehow. I have a younger brother who is a good friend now. But, we used to get into fist-fights every day when we were kids before I left for college. Anyway, hope you get to enjoy the music!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Les Claypool is awesome!
"PRIMUS SUCKS!!!"

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger monica said...

im gonna be jealous if u go to all good! wahhhh!!! Michael Franti is the bomb and Ozmatli is tight. (tho they will be at Artscape, so i guess ill just check em out there). don't forget your birkenstocks if you go! :)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Mohammad said...

Hey email me ASAP and use the email you check all the time so I can tell you something. Also, there is a sneak peek of The Island tonight at 730, I'm gonna go you should too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home