Monday, July 11, 2005

Fantastic Fourtune (spent at the movies!)

Holy Cow I'm old. My kid just turned TWELVE this weekend. That's right, I have had children for 12 years! Yes, 12 years ago Saturday I lay prone on a hospital bed, writhing in pain as a mini human creature burst forth from my body in an agonizing and disturbingly sci-fi display, much like the mogwais which exploded from Gizmo's body when exposed to water. So, to celebrate, Saturday morning we made waffles with vanilla ice-cream, hot fudge, strawberries and whipped cream for birthday breakfast and then he went to six flags, and Sunday I took him and a friend to see Fantastic Four. I had really low expectations, in fact I thought it would be miserable, but it wasn't! I mean its still a lame comic book movie, but for what it was it wasn't that bad. And, I didn't see it with a boyfriend who would be drooling over Jessica Alba the whole time, but pretending not to, which was good. Jolene, Mohammad, and Chris met us at the theatre and we all hung out and got Johnny Rockets milkshakes before-hand. There are magicians that do tricks before the movies, and they came and did a magic trick just for Cody, for his birthday. All in all including tickets, milkshakes, candy and popcorn, I think I spent $50. Is it just me or is $9 for a movie ticket and $5 for a rotten bag of popcorn HIGHWAY ROBBERY?? The bad guy in the movie was named Victor Von Doom, by the way. haha. Saturday we built a miniature grill and semi-successfully grilled out, which was a fun experiment. Asparagus, and broccoli, yum. Next time I want to try to grill plantains, so if anyone knows any secrets, tell me!


I'm sexier then your girlfriend

12 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Jessica Alba - yummmmmmmmmm...

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica Alba? Who's that? ;)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I'll have to add you to the list of women who hate me.








...it's a pretty long list.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Johnny Newt said...

Holy sweet lord your like an....." ancient relic" or something.. I decided I was officially old when my 11 year olds music began to really irritate me. i still know all the bands names but i also hate them, so that doesn't really count.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not highway robbery unless you're a jew about it like that! i mean come on, 15 dollars...how much do you get paid an hour? to sit on computers and click the mouse over and over? wait how much rent do you pay again??? OH YEAH. it's not that you dont' have money it's that you're growing up to be a good jewish mommy in the fantasticly ridiculous tradition of whining about a few dollars on something as priceless as your son's birthday. Next year you'll be saying "i could make this at home! it's easy! come on i'll make you some at home instead" and then the next year? chinese food AGAIN! yummy! And then what? That's how it starts shirley.... hahahah. money will always come and go it will flow like water, it will never be too abundant nor too scarce, but you may not be here tomorrow so spend it, and feel rich inside. it's just paper.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

ooh, burn.

I didn't know my little sis was the lord buddah!

easy for someone who has only been employed for 3 months total of her life and never had to take care of anyone but herself to wax poetic about not being careful with your money.

Spending other people's money is always a lot easier, you'll find out once you start working for your money. Then you won't be so eager to download a new $1.50 ringtone every day or pay $20 for popcorn and a drink!

also, just because you have never been needy in your life doesnt mean that one day you won't have someone to fall back on for help. you dont know that money won't one day be scarce and also, money isnt just paper. Its food, its shelter, its summercamp, its sneakers without holes in them, its a good education, its security...

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

goddamn!!!!
that was a very harsh.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

P.S. Ariella

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger monica said...

hahhahahahaa shirley you're just mad cuz ur sister is soooo right! you are sooooooooooooo turning into ur mom! hahahahahahhhaa next up... no more eating at italian restaurants and you're very own supply of canned food to survive you thru 10 nuclear attacks!! hehehehe

ps - sunday i spent 9 bux on 2 sodas for me and my brother. each cup was about the size of a 2 liter!!! still, it is ridiculous that something that costs 50 cents is sold at 8000 times that cost. so i feel ya.

but... ur still turning into ur mother! hahahaha

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Johnny Menace said...

you need to go to that automated ticket machine where you can use your debit card and skip the line and get all children tickets. They are the same color as regular tickets and no one ever checks them. Take that cinamark

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt' mean money was worthless. i just meant life isn't about money. also, angie, i will never have a bunch of kids. there's this magical new invention called "biiiirth controoolll". if someday i lose my freaking mind and decide that i want to spend the rest of my life worrying about money to support little spawnlings who will use me and spit on me until i die, i will be at a point in my life where i can afford it. I'm not trying to insult you hehehe, you TOLD me to leave comments! I'm just spicing it up. BAM! you know you're nothing like our mother!!! you could NEVER be that scary. I promise. and anyways there are steps you can take to prevent it. for instance never use the justification "I KNOW because i've LIVED long enough" to finalize your side of an argument on something about life that you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT KNOW, especially when you are talking to your intelligent adult child. The logic is stifling. It makes me want to crush baby turtles with rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home