Tuesday, August 14, 2007

bellies, boats, and babies

Well I finally got to spend some time with V, though lately its been seeming like we are acquaintances rather then dating, meeting occasionally for lunch. We spent the entire weekend together, and it marked the third year that we have been together (!!)
The day we celebrated happened to fall on the same day that I was supposed to go to a Moroccan restaurant with Monica to celebrate a $50 windfall she got from selling a book I gave her on amazon.com, which she was awesome enough to want to pay for my dinner with. yay! So Me, V, Monica, my brother (who was staying with me for a week) and his ex-girlfriend all went to Taste of Morocco in Silver Spring. My bro, his ex, and I all shared the veggie feast for 2 (and still had leftovers for the next day) while M & V shared the carnivore special. My only complaint is that 2 of the veg dishes seemed identical other then one coming with couscous, but that's OK because we still had a third dish (Bastilla, yum~!) , plus fruit, dessert, tea, and salad. And there was a belly dancer !



The guy poured the Moroccan mint tea from above his head without spilling a drop! And I got a beautiful bracelet and earrings from V which I love. So, although it wasn't a romantic one-on-one dinner or anything, it still was really nice and a cool experience, and at least we were together.

On Sunday we were invited out on V's friend's boat- we picked up her baby and drove her to the marina where we met up with Joy, her new husband Steve who couldn't remember my name and kept calling me Sherry or something! And her ex boyfriend/baby daddy, and their daughter. Whack, but I'm glad they can all get along like that! How cute is V with a baby. At the beginning he was afraid to pick her up :)


Anyway that night, tired out from all of that fresh air and swimming and such, we ate leftover Moroccan food and watched Akira together which was really good!!! I saw it before in H.S. but didn't remember anything. Kudos to V for keeping an open mind and giving it a chance, even though its a cartoon!

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Akira started good, but then descended into spiritual-like goobledygook that makes no sense. Like a lot of Japanese anime.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger monica said...

I'm so glad we finally got to go to that joint together. Their bastilla and harrera was delish! Tho I will say that whenever you get your butt over to my house Wissam and I will make you some veggie dishes that are so much better! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home