Thursday, July 26, 2007

stupidness

Recently I had an argument with my mother over the fact that she doesn't want dogs in her house (which is fine) so when I am visiting I tie my dog outside (which is fine). I also have gotten a stern warning never to ask for dogsitting from them. Which is fine. However, last time when I was invited to dinner and tied the dog outside, I came in to find my sisters' boyfriend's dog, inside the house, sans my sister or her boyfriend. I couldn't help saying something, I guess I'm still not completely mature or something, but of course it resulted in an argument. Blah. I'm just usually a pretty logical person and there's no logic to this!

Anyway, when talking about it over the phone later, I tried to apologize while still maintaining that I have a right to feel upset and like there is some favoritism going on here, when I get accused for causing everything bad that my sister has ever done in her life. Is it my fault? Who knows, I mean i did cause an uproar in her childhood by running away from home for a year when I was 16, I'm sure that had some effects on her. But to be held completely responsible just doesnt seem fair (aside from the fact that I was 16 when I made those choices!) And doesn't the last 15 yrs of being a good sister somewhat make up for one year of selfishness? I guess not.

And who are we pointing the finger at to explain the mess I made of my teenage years.... hmmmm?

Finger pointing is useless anyway, hurtful without being productive.

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

none of my problems were your fault, just so you know. i never even considered it a possibility until one day ima was like "oh shirley this and that blah blah blah it's not your fault really" and i'm thinking...wow that's a crazy good rationalization that basically lets me off the hook for anything i ever did!!! but yeah, no matter how i tried i actually couldn't make myself buy it. lol. don't feel bad. i take responsibility for all of it. and you're a great sister and a great roll model. i think even back then i knew you were just being angsty. also that dog thing is extra weird.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok lets all kiss and make up and post some pictues now!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Noam said...

O... M... G...! You don't post for weeks, and then right after you do you get lots of comments. People are just waiting and dying for you to post to your blog.

Anyway, Leilu doesn't count as a dog, she's so little, she's more like a rat. Rats belong scurrying about the house like the adorable furballs they are. Dogs like Doonsbury are meant to be outsiders, alone and miserable, the James Deans of the companion animal world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home