Thursday, July 26, 2007

Visiting with my skinny friend

My stupid skinny friend came to visit just to make me feel fat and out of shape. Just kidding --but thats what happened. She's really doing a great job of running regularly and all of the stuff I am struggling to do even extremely irregularly! Thank god for tennis with V or it would be really bad. I just have to decide I'm doing it and DO IT but I feel so lazy lately!

We had some good "girl chat" but it sucks having to compress it all into a couple of hours. Maybe she'll move back !! But not anytime soon.

Its soooo weird having these teenage kids now. Cody was thrilled to finally be taller then Michelle and I think they've all come to look forward to our yearly or bi-yearly get-togethers. Instead of bickering non-stop, now they are suddenly having meaningful discussions and being super-polite and accomodating. (tee hee)

After talking about her marriage, it seems like maybe it was a bad fit from the beginning but they just tried to make it work anyway having already made the commitment. But, 2 kids and 7 years later, things sure get messy. And sadly for me, she probably can't move away from SC ever, or at least until her youngest turns 18! By then we'll be OLLLLD (er) Anyway, its always fun to hang out with her and I wish circumstances were different.

Man do I look tan!!

5 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok we could have done without the tan comment! hehe

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Huh. Michelle looks exactly like Melynda used to look. Craziness. Cody and Jake, on the other hand, look almost nothing like Melynda.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap they look like different people.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also cody and michelle look tooooo cute together!!! like simba and nala they were just fated to be toghether in the end. i can hear the wedding bells now!

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. I feel SO old. Since when did Cody become a teenager ? I still have this idea of him looking 6....and Michelle..wow, I guess I'm used to being part of the age-group that receives the "oooh you've grown!" comments, not the age-group that says them ;p

~Moira

 

Post a Comment

<< Home