Monday, June 26, 2006

Day 3

Well still no luggage and I spent the day in public in pastel blue and green skin-tight clothes that look like something you would wear to do yoga. So, we finally broke down and went shopping. My cousin took the lead but unfortunately since he is so metro-sexual he has very expensive taste in clothes and selected the stores accordingly. Even so, it was almost worth it because he was totally patient and watched me try on clothes and parade them out and told me what to buy or not to buy with seemingly limitless patience.

My math is not so good so the exchange rate is a bit confusing (divide by 4.5) and I ended up spending kind of a lot. But, whatever, I needed something to wear! Anyway, I felt better about what I spent after I saw that he spent $500 (no exaggeration!) on clothes and jewelry for his girlfriend back in Florida, in addition to what he bought himself! Also, the airline may reimburse me for some of that, although it could only be like $70. By tomorrow it will have been 4 days since I have been here with no luggage!!

After shopping and mediocre falafel, we went and did the family thing at my cousin’s phat pad, we ordered pizza (boring) and hung out, talked, I played with my cousin’s youngest, they didn’t have the A.C. on and it was muggy as hell. Finally we left, splitting up so that the kids went home to bed with my mother and my aunt and uncle took my brother and I to Jaffa and Tel Aviv, the biggest city in Israel. Anyway Jaffa was way cool. So far Israel has looked kind of crappy and old but not cool and historic, but Jaffa is all old school like something you would see in ‘the ten commandments’ or something. Actually while going down the cobblestone stairs in one alleyway that we walked through with some sort of, I dunno, Arabic music or something playing from one of the buildings, it reminded me of the mini morocco at epcot center. Pretty cool. There were stray cats and kittens everywhere, which somehow added to the ambience. It was right on the ocean, we walked by some archaeological dig areas; apparently Arabs and Jews live side by side there. Anyway it was the coolest place I’ve seen so far, a city right on the ocean with the waves crashing along the shore below. I am ACHING for a camera but am told they cost like a hundred dollars more here so I am not buying one. So many cool pictures I could have taken! It’s literally killing me! I tried to use my brother’s camera but it is crap.
I also want to call my sweetie pie but everyone is sleeping and there’s some sort of country code you have to dial to call over seas and I don’t know what it is! So until tomorrow when I can ask, email will have to suffice.

Tomorrow we are going to Jerusalem.

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger monica said...

OMG i know you didn't just say "mini morocco at epcot center" hahahhahahahaa you are so bad!

Jaffa sounds cool tho! You better jack someone for a camera dude. When in the world is the next time you will go to Israel! come on!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home