Monday, October 10, 2005

there are naked boobies in this blog posting

I am practically the only living being in this country who is actually at work today. Therefore I am in an email vacuum which is causing me to lose my MIND.

What did people do before the internet!?!!?

This weekend I learned how to play 'Red Right Ankle' by the Decemberists, a band I recommend, not because of the way they sound (the lead singer's voice can be grating) but because of their use of half-rhymes such as ankle and tangled, been and limb, and their prodigious and poetic use of words not commonly utilized in music: ambling, sullied, bootblack, sinews, pantaloons, petticoats, bereft, indolent, knickers, vagabonds, ubiquitous, ventricles, callow, derision, languor, iniquity, dolor, I love language! even alone and outside of any context those words roll and call forth images and moods, nuances of meaning...

Er, k that was a random outburst. My sister's nickname for that band is 'Avast Ye English Majors'

Anyway, I went to a party on Saturday. Luckily it was a fun party because the drive to Baltimore was so depressing that I thought I might find the nearest precipice and leap off of it. It was the unrelenting, driving rain that had spanned 2 days and nights, the clouds coming down from the sky and engulfing the evening in gray gray gray.

The event was a dinner party, hosted by B-Funk (no relation, as far as I know, to Chris Funk of the Decemberists!) The veg items included butternut squash soup, salad with raspberry vinaigrette, roasted sweet potatoes prepared over a hickory-smoked grill, and an incredible Thai red curry with eggplant and asparagus (V!). After the party began winding down and the first wave left, the remaining partiers walked to the Pickled Parrot in Canton and hung out until they kicked us out. Not a bad way to spend a dreary, rainy fall evening. :)

worst conversation ever:

Chick: I think his sister looks like him, I can see the resembelance.
Dude: {{wiping drool}} I don't think so. She looks like a barbie doll!
Chick: ...
Chick: You don't think they look alike? In the face?
Dude: I wasn't looking at her face!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home