Wednesday, October 26, 2005

superwoman

sometimes its hard to juggle all the demands in my life, as a parent, employee, freelancer, taking care of myself, and trying to have my own life. Yesterday I acheived all of these things in a beautiful juggling act bordering on ballet.

In addition to my regular work, I got a freelance job done and another one scheduled.
Went home, took Jake to karate.
Set up a 'make your own burrito' bar for Cody, Jacob, Ariella and myself.
Picked up Jake from Karate.
Spent quality time with the kids buying a cartfull of delicious ripe apples, strawberries, kiwi, oranges, banannas, & pears.
Went to the gym, putting Jake in the playroom and working out with Cody for 45 min.
Went home, took a shower and got dressed.
Fed kids healthy fruit plate, read them bedtime stories, said goodnight.
Went to 9:30 Club in DC to see a sold out show, Social Distortion. Great band to see in a small club, they sounded really good. Working out earlier in the evening gave me a boost of energy so I wasn't tired or worried about how I was going to feel at work the next day, and woodchuck cider never tasted so sweet. And I have JoJo to thank for it. Thanks love!

It was a great show, and because of my schedule conflicts I couldn't go until after the opening bands were done, so it was the perfect length too. And going to a punk show at a club in DC on a Wednesday made me feel less... old. And yet, I was picked up at 9:30, home by 1:00, so I won't be falling asleep at work today. Along with some of their new stuff they played all of the old songs that I know (Ball & Chain, Story of Our Lives, great cover of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire, Bad Luck, I Was Wrong, etc) Awesome.

To acheive all of this, I had to temporarily borrow Superman's powers-- Unfortunately, I forgot to tell him...

4 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Shurley Burley, what a lovely night!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger monica said...

wahhhh! im jealous! i love Social D!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I can't believe you don't like Johnny Cash.
That 'Ring of Fire' cover blows ass.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Oh, Şöyle Böyle, I love it when days like that happen. Hasn’t happened to me, in, years…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home