Monday, October 17, 2005

Oktober

Beer Hoors
Saturday I went to Oktoberfest at Timonium Fairgrounds with V, Jim F., B-Funk, Shannon, Christoff, etc. It was OK, there was a pretty good band called The Bridge. There were chicks walking around dressed like german beer whores (girls love an excuse to dress slutty, if you don't believe me wait until halloween), and some old men wearing lederhosen (disturbing), and most of the beers I tried I didn't really like, but the weather was glorious and the event culminated (as any good beerfest should) in Funkmaster-B stealing a giant pot of mums, putting Christoff in the trunk, and running over traffic cones. Then we went to a party where I talked to this guy who looked like a basement-vampire-DJ-of-the-night in his shiny new doc martins, purple-black bowl haircut, and elongated teeth. When asked what his favorite music was, he said OLD SCHOOL RAP! wtf!? In the middle of one girl telling a story about her vacation, another girl cut her off with the question "Do you masturbate in front of your husband?"
The hosts had a dog named FRED. a pug. so funny

On the hayride
Anyway this is why I love having kids: Sunday we went to a pumpkin patch. It was once again fantastic out, although a bit on the chilly side; sweatshirt weather. We took a bouncy hay ride (where they ingeniously made seats from bales of hay instead of the ghetto style sitting on the ground kind that you usually find) to where the pumpkins were growing, then combed the field for the best/biggest/prettiest pumpkin, went through a corn maze, fed some baby goats, pet some cows, bought some fresh apple cider and squash... it was such a good time and something I know I would NEVER do if I didn't have kids. When we came home we ordered dinner and watched A Series of Unfortunate Events which wasn't that good, and baked pumpkin sugar cookies (keeping with the theme of the day) which were yum. I can't wait to carve up those pumpkins so I can cook some stuff using the fresh pumpkin- a soup, or a stew? Did I mention that I LOVE FALL?!

8 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Noam said...

Except... except... where was the fun part? I remember hayrides and pumpkin picking when I was a kid as ridiculously boring.

And A Series of Unfortunate Events was great! What's wrong with you? Jim Carrey was a little annoying, but other than that, you are just so wrong. Plus, you get to learn the word "lachrymose".

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

thats because you didn't like your parents! and also because back then you'd rather be doing trigonometry then hanging out outdoors.

I didn't like the movie. I didn't hate it, but i didn't get into it. I do like the word lachrymose, but I already knew it. I was saying it out loud today, for no reason, even before I read your comment! Lake Lachrymose.

I have high hopes for the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, hopefully they won't be unfounded, leaving me feeling the way I felt after watching Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy.... *sigh*

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember as a kid being blown away by The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, such a great book. Can't wait to see the movie. I'm w/you in hoping the expectations aren't unrealistic.

Looks like you had a blast at the pumpkin patch. Although I think the hayride probably lacked the horsepower to make it exciting enough for me. One good thing about fall is homemade pumpkin pie so keep me in the loop for that project.

After the first unfortunate event I turned that flick off.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

You should have come! The Redskins lost anyway *dig*
I will make you a fresh pumpkin pie, but I'm not promising it will be good!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Noam said...

I went on one of those things in grad school, with my frat. Still boring.

If you have high hopes, you will be disappointed. It's a pretty firm rule. The trailer already disappointed me with its bad special effects.

Anyway, the Narnia books were just ok, never great. They were no Neverending Story.

Remember, Aslan is Jesus.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

haha you were in a frat

I loved the Neverending Story

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger monica said...

I agree with Noam! A Series of Unfortunate Events was great! It was superfantabulous! I even bought it - along with the Neverending Story which is sooooooooooooo good! Next purchase... The Secret of Nimh! I still remember when we went to see that out at Westview or watever - now its an office max and home depot. poopy capitalists!

I cant believe you hayrode without me!!!! darnit woman! you know i'm queen of hayriding!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *love* the Secret of NIMH!

I remember seeing "Tron" at Westview.

You are the queen of hayrides, but you are also the queen of not getting out of bed on the weekends!! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home