Friday, August 12, 2005

Butterfly masochism

I hate spring mix. Well perhaps hate is too strong a word. I hate-minus-ten spring mix. Today at the Safeway salad bar, there was no baby spinach so I *had* to go with the spring mix. Its not awful, but ... its not good either! There are wierd things in there that taste bitter or like cilantro or something. I realize that everyone else loves spring mix and maybe I am risking public stoning by admitting this (like when I told everyone that I hated Meet the Parents!!) but I ... I can't change who I am just to maintain the love and adoration of my peers. I just can't. So there you have it. baby spinach beats spring mix in a closed cage death match hands down any day. how does it feel to be beaten by babies!

so, yesterday V took me out to a romantic dinner at a really nice Indian restaurant called the Ambassador Dining Room for our anniversary. Black-tie clad waiters, tea-light candles in tiny glowing red sconces, English Tudor-style flagstone patio, the elegance of white tablecloths mingled with the old-world charm of the wicker chairs, a lovely outdoor setting overlooking lush gardens and a bubbly fountain-- I loved the ambiance. You could almost imagine the Taj Mahal in the distance. After complimenting the waiter on the saag, he went back to the kitchen and brought us an extra side of it. Everything we asked the waiter for, he said (imagine Indian accent): "You vant eet? I veel get eet for you." All in all a very nice anniversary and a great time. I also realized that if all types of food were obliterated from the face of the earth but one, I would pray that the one remaining was Indian.

After going to this website, I still don't feel rich :-(

It is endlessly disturbing to me to constantly watch butterflies fling themselves against the window in my office with an audible 'bang' . Its like, 'oooh, pretty butterfly!! .... oh, that had to hurt!'

Speaking of 'that had to hurt', click here and then click the link at the top to view the video. ouch.

3 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger DarkTortoise said...

That website told me I was in the top 0.3% richest people in the world (before asking me for money.) That's nonsense. It just means that my income is in the top 0.3%. From a strictly monetary wealth perspective, I'm poorer than your average victimized Rwandan, because my debts exceed my assets by a significant amount.

Of course, from a human capital perspective, yeah, I'm probably among the richest in the world. Human capital is what you have left when you take away all a person's possessions and wealth. With nothing more than the clothes on my back, dropped in a unknown location (at least an unknown location somewhere like the US or Europe,) I could increase my income to the top 50% of the world (that is, $2/day) by the end of the first day.

I'm betting anyone reading your blog is in that category, too.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger monica said...

i'd feel richer if i could get a freakin loan to pay off my stupid credit debt! blah. any sugar daddys out there wanna hook a sister up!? hehe

ps - u are the devil for hating spring greens! evil woman evil i tell you! hahaha sike. baby spinach is better fo sure, but i like the spring mix! i think the red ones are the ones u dont like. but they have alot of vitamins for ya! now shush and eat ur veggies woman!

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iceburg lettuce has no nutritional value. It's the most popular lettuce in the world because it ships well and tastes good. Lettuce, except iceberg, is a good source of vit A, vit C, calcium, iron and copper. The darker green the better it is for you. Green leaf lettuce tastes awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home