Wednesday, August 10, 2005

barfing is allowed

Today its been one year since my first date thingie with Victor. Our first 'date' was an outdoor concert at the Pagoda in Patterson Park, and eating Indian food while watching Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome on TV and making fun of it. Not even sure if that was supposed to be a date or just hanging out! But, for time documenting purposes, we'll call it the first date. That was last year today. Crazy. So, Kevin is just finding my note in his Dorito bag that says, 'Its too early for spicy nacho doritos. Close the bag!'
when the receptionist buzzes me and says I have a visitor.

Its Victor with flowers! Yay! We weren't going to see each other until tomorrow night when we planned on going to go to dinner to celebrate, but today is the actual day so it was super special that he hand delivered a bouquet of beautiful flowers to tell me happy anniversary. I've never gotten flowers from anyone delivered to my office before! Sort of goes with the theme from highschool when on valentines day or a girls birthday, there were always some cheerleader types who had balloons and flowers and teddybears on their chair but never me... I guess the leather-jacket-wearing, cutting-school-to-get-high-in-the-tunnel-to-the-mall, smoker-section, James Dean derelict rebel types that I used to hang out with back then with weren't much into those sort of displays of affection!

Anyway my supervisor tried to take the flowers when I was at lunch! What a lunatic! loon A tick! I am all happy and braggy, I hope no one barfs from reading this but if you do I don't care. Just clean it up. Or swallow it, if you're fast enough.

Link of the day: Girls don't like it when you stare at their chest

5 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

you hung out with Tina Turner.


"TWO MEN ENTER!!!!! ONE MAN LEAVES THE THUNDER DOME!!!"

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not only flowers- but hand delivered flowers- definite boyfriend points!!!- good job Vic!
Thanks for putting more closeups on that other post- helps us out of town guests who've never met your bo.
I know what you mean about the balloons in high school, they were like " see someone loves me" status symbol - I never got any either :P

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger monica said...

wow! that was sweet! :) yay!

i got flowers at work 2x. once from amber on valentines day and once from thomas on my birthday! both big vases of roses! wehoooo! and aaron was always good about bringing me flowers - alot of times for no reason, or if i was feeling poopy with the sickies. so sweet! more people should give flowers. or buy them yourself... my boss keeps some on her desk every week. its always so nice to see when i go in there :) and when i go to NYC i always buy tons since they are so cheap there and everywhere!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

The Master: Who run Bartertown? Who... run... Bartertown?
Auntie Entity: ...You know who.
The Master:Say.
Auntie Entity: Shirl girl
The Master: Say loud!
The Master turns on the town loudspeakers
Auntie Entity: Shirl Girl.
The Master: Shirl Girl... what?
Auntie Entity: Shirl Girl runs Bartertown.
The Master: Louder!
Auntie Entity: Shirl Girl runs Bartertown!

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do I screen my woman? One might ask. Well no one has asked yet, but if one did, I would say, "Mad Max on the first date baby!"

Only took me until was I was 36 to find a woman who would quote the Thunderdome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home