Monday, June 13, 2005

pimp *my* ride, xhibit!

There's a glimmer of hope for my poor dearly departed Camry! This weekend while shopping for cars, I spoke with a guy selling a car who happens to work at a transmission shop. Out of curiosity, I asked him how much he charges to replace transmission on a 92 Camry-- he told me that its very unlikely for the transmission to go on a Camry, and the symptoms sounded more like a broken axle, price tag: $180. He's going to look at it today for free!! If that's the only problem, I may be able to get another year or two out of my car, which by the way I found out I love more then any car I looked at so far. So, I am totally crossing my fingers.

This weekend I went to a wedding which I would have made us late to if we didn't have a race car to get there in, and Racer X at the wheel! It was actually really fun and not tedious like most weddings tend to be. Short and to the point, and my table was all friends and new people that I liked a lot and got along with well, and my man looked so sexy in a suit (but not as good as in a tux), even though I laugh at how he glows whenever someone tells him he looks like Vince Vaughn! The drive back was beautiful in Monkton away from the city lights, with a sky full of stars that you never get to see in the city. Should have pulled over and laid down a blanket in a field.....


Savior of the terminally late

Sunday was finally the last day of soccer season, and I spent the afternoon at a BBQ at the coach's house. I thought it was going to be a drag because I am usually odd man out at those things, since I am 10 years younger then anyone there and the only one with a kid in middle school, and they all sort of look at me like I am an alien. That's sort of how its been at every game, but perhaps I am partially to blame because I am antisocial sometimes. Suprizingly, I actually had a pretty good time. Everyone was really nice and not all weird Martha-Stewart-ish phony acting. I played soccer and Frisbee in the giant yard with Cody while the little kids ran around having watergun fights in their bathing suits, then hung out with the grown ups and cooked my veggie burgers and dogs on the grill without too many raised eyebrows. I also had the sweet moment when the coach's wife asked if we were going to be back next year, she hoped so because she really likes Jake, "what a neat kid!" and we should request to be on the same team again. And (with a gleam of jealousy in her eyes) talking about how I'm lucky because my kids are so sweet and well behaved :) as she embarrassedly tries to control her bratty-acting kid who is (comically) stomping around and clenching her fists. Heheheh, in yo' face! :P


Nyah nyah, I'm better then your kid!

P.S. I actually tried to find out how to get on pimp my ride but there's no place on the website to sign up! Oh well, no pool table in the back and four TV's in the car for me :(

Sorry to make this post even longer, but I have to mention the thoroughly teenage moment I had last night ... setting off fireworks in the road out front of my house. they were all like, colored smokebombs and things that stand on the ground and silently shoot out colored sparks. Well, then Cody lights one and its starts making these super-loud whistles and bangs and shooting colored sparks and firebombs into the air, BANG!! BANG!! BANGBANGBANG!! WEEEEOOOOOOO! BANG!!! BANGBANG BANG!!! (Its like 10:30pm!) So I'm like, "RUN!" And we all run giggling back into the house to hide, meanwhile the neighbors all come out to see what the hell is going on, cars driving by stop in the middle of the road...So embarrassing!!

6 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger monica said...

ur kids are the biggest brats ever! they are all loud and run around screamin and shit. oh woops, thats me!

so the wedding this saturday starts at 8am in virginia. don't be late!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

8 am doesn't even exist on Saturdays, does it?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger monica said...

For you it does! and im getting Cody to get ur ass outta bed at 6am!

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Cody is just a really short 30 yr old. He's more mature than I am.

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As further evidence of my imaturity (as if I really need to display any more) I'd like to point out that when you 1st told me the symptoms of your car problems I said "It's probably the axel"

I like the car too I hope I was right.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh good lord! the car that wont die!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home