Monday, June 06, 2005

i am a grown up

Not much to tell this weekend, it was pretty uneventful, except for Saturday when I found out there is not much better then a friend showing up at your house with vegetable korma, naan, and mango lassi from House of India (GO THERE, YOU WONT BE SORRY- SNOWDEN RIVER PKWY. CALL ME, I WILL GO WITH YOU!) and a movie (Mean Creek, not that good) at 8:00 at night when you are starving! and Sunday had its own hour or two of private bliss. Also, I finally ate at Ding How in Fells Point, instead of just walking by it and saying, 'DING haaaaaaoooooo' like I have been for years!

Today I did all sorts of 'grown up' stuff like send off my resume to that job at United Way that I am underqualified for, although the resume makes me sound like the bomb shabizzle. I also coordinated and ran a meeting, and skipped out for a 2 hour lunch at a Vietnamese joint called 'Pho Dat Thang' (which, if you say it right, sounds like Ebonics for -- I dunno what!)

anyway, I wonder if an hour or so of blissful happiness on a Sunday can carry over and make a whole week happy? I'll let you know at the end of the week :P
weird how good things can make you happy and scared at the same time.

So this was my weird dream. Its weird because it had ex coworkers in it and stuff.
I can't remember most of it anymore, I should have written this in the morning!

Well, I know that in one part I was at a bulk foods store like BJ's with Mike B. and he was doing the shopping, and being weird and spazzy. Then we went outside, and Shannon was there in a brand new truck, it was huge and shiny and new. I was playing a game where I was throwing cans across the parking lot to see if I could hit it, or land them in the cab or something, but then I could tell by Kelly's face that it wasn't funny (since it was a brand new truck!).

Also there was a part where the car in front of me got pulled over, so I had to stop too because it was blocking traffic. An old man stepped out, about 70, he was naked, and they started making him go through the motions of a sobriety test. It was at night, and they had the spotlight on him. He passed them all fine, until they got to the part with putting your hands out and touching your nose. He couldn't do it, he tried cheating by moving his arm real quick and turning his head to the side. Then he just looked down and admitted to being drunk. The cop said, 'how long have you been drinking?' (meaning, how long that night) and the old man hung his head down and said, 'since I was 16'. I think it was Victor in the future, isn't that so weird? Why was he naked?

There was also a part where Dave asked me my opinion about what he could buy Shannon that was really expensive and make her happy, but I could tell by looking at Shannon that she was bored with the relationship and ready to move on, at least subconsciously. I could tell that Dave must have had an inkling about it and that's why he wanted to really impress her. When I looked at her face sitting in the truck, I knew it was over.

J.W.'s: why am I dreaming about you guys! get out of my head!!

5 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger monica said...

an hour or so of blissful happiness on sunday? damn girl! u buy that big pink pearly rabbit vibrator thing or wat!?!??! i personally recommend somethin
like

this


;) mmmmm mmmmm gooooddd

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is because you miss us and you secretly want to make a big sloppy pile with us.

J.W. forever!!!!!!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

haha. so, is everything oK between Shana and Daveed?
Have they bought a new truck lately?

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The big shiny new truck in your dream was actually the big shiny 18 wheeler shan's been dreaming of buying. She is planning on leaving dave and driving cross country as a long haul trucker

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't tell you how flattering it is when your girlfriend subconsciously thinks that you will be a sad, 70 year old, naked alcoholic blocking traffic in the middle of the road. Good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home