Wednesday, June 01, 2005

sideways

So, to counter that last posting about how loverly Baltimore is, I wish I had pictures of Sunday night in Canton Square. Walking there was a safari of giant bugs waddling around fatly on the sidewalk, a terrifying thing to navigate in sparkly open-toed shoes (that were designed by Satan, the foot hater).

They looked kind of like this

Then, upon turning the corner to the main strip, we were suddenly accosted by 'drunk-beyond-comprehension' dude, who looks about 19 and is so wasted that its a wonder he's standing. He is yelling something incomprehensible while crossing the street towards us, and as I (selfishly) take a few fast steps so that I'm not in the back of our group, leaving the guy I was talking to behind, super-drunk kid wraps his arm around the poor guy's neck as if they are best buddies and is yelling other drunken incomprehensible things. Next, 'cute-girl-who-wouldn't-give-most-guys-the-time-of-day because they aren't good enough for her', in cute outfit, projectile vomiting all over the sidewalk in front of us. Ahhh Baltimore, in league with Venice, the south of France, Honolulu, the Caribbean, the Cayman Islands....

Not that it was a bad time, once we ducked into a thankfully not over-crowded Nacho Mammas for some delish strawberry margaritas.


What I did this weekend

A better story by far was my weekend trip to the wine festival! Aside from the wonderfulness of missing the rainstorm, getting in free, and the lovely ride down there in a fast BMW with the sunroof open and winding country roads through wine country, we had the following zen moment, while standing with my 11 yr old and conversing with a friend who had been there for 4 hours and obviously taking advantage of the copious wine (read: very drunk):

Victor: So then this little white dog was running towards us through traffic down eastern ave. with his owner chasing him, begging us to help him catch the dog before it gets hit. So, Shirley dives for the dog but misses, and I take off after it around the corner...

Paul Giamatti(name changed to protect identity): And then did you mount it? Did you do baaaad things to it?

*shocked look on everyone's faces*

I hope Cody thought he meant like, *kicking* it or something!


What I learned this weekend: if you don't know what felching is, DONT FIND OUT.


Also, honorable mention to V for whipping up an awesome marinade on the fly and producing a marvelous plate of grilled vegetables for me at the meat-only party. It was yummmmm. He takes care of me :)
Plus a bowl of fresh blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries and I'm in ecstasy.
It doesn't take much.
Also, Mango Lassi + Paratha + Victor = mouth heaven.
If you don't know what Paratha is, I feel sorry for you. :P

8 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

felching - is that when you fart and belch at the same time.
If you've seen "Along Came Poly," Ben Stiller's friend sharted at the art exhibit.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

No fair having people who know my past history reading this! How can I sound holier-then-thou and turn my nose up at those youngsters who can't hold their liquor when there is proof and witnesses to my own youthful debauchery! Woah I think I am channeling a 16th century author....
and i only went to Rumblefish ONCE! Against my will! You can't prove it!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He may not be able to prove it but I can. And you did go more than once thank you very much.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

ok, twice. but the second time was definitely a mistake.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it might have been 3 or 4 times and I think you enjoyed yourself :)

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Ha Ha! You went to Rumblefish. Do you go to Thunderdome too?

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure her time at Rumblefish was nothing compared to the nite she drank a quart of Tuacua at the Dead End Saloon.

Ahhh... good times :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

Click here for an example of an O face

P.S. Monica, that was NOT a good time!! Tuaca is the beverage of the netherworld. Ms. 'beer-garten-sign-down-your-pants!'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home