Thursday, June 09, 2005

end transmission


R I P

Its a sad sad day- I have to say goodbye to my long time friend.... my car.

You've been with me for 6 years, through good times and bad. I know I've mistreated you, abused you, only put gas in you and hoped for the best. Yet, you were always there for me, never breaking down, even though I can't remember the last time I tuned you up. Now your transmission is shot, and they want to charge me $1,584 to replace it, and guilty as I feel about it, you are old and used up and just not worth it.


Arthur Fonzerelli

But, I will miss your reliability, your quirky trunk that needed to be banged on in just the right spot to get it to open making me feel like the Fonz, your bad radio reception because of the broken antenna I never replaced, the way no passenger ever felt like they succeeded in closing the door because of the dent, the sloshing of the water that accumulated inside of the left rear door. *sigh* So long, friend Camry. Farewell.

Crap, I need to find another car QUICK.

11 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger monica said...

wow! when did this happen!??! its about time tho - i dont think i could have dealt with another winter of you trying to find the plyers so you could turn up the heat, all while you are driving, and flossing your teeth and looking for a song on your ipod!

i recommend a honda, but then again you already know that ;) hehehe

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I recommend an El Camino. And put some spinners and hydraulics on it. BLING BLING YO!!!!!


Another suggestion is an 1982 Pontiac Firebird T-Top with a big giant crazy bird painted on the hood.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Weird. I just had my transmission rebuilt, got it back tuesday and it came out to 1484.00

Wow.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of El Camino...My dad picked up my mom in college cause he had a black El Camino with colored strobe lights in the back window that went to the beat of the music..for anyone who dosent know, my dads name is LARRY.

Fitting isnt it?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

The Fonz's teeth look pretty weird in that picture

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after shirley so kindly reminded me, Larry wears a pinky ring in case your asking like she was

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shite! what about the Xmas gift you got me from 2003! It is still in the trunk! Oh! Oh oh oh!

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you get like 50 crore comments to any tiny little thing you post? I mean, what are you, some kind of cult leader?

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auction your car off on EBAY. One of your minions will surely pay an outrageous price for it.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome- everyone having to lean forward to get the car uphill, and calling your mom 'mum'. awesome.

Once I drove a car that only the passenger door and window opened. you had to slide across the car to get in or out. We drove backwards through a drive-through once so that we could get the food into the car; they yelled at us. Once I drove a car that, when you tried to clean the winshield, sprayed fluid on the drivers side only, and only the passenger wiper came on. You can imagine how hysterical that was! Also no heat or a/c, and I bought a defroster that plugs into the lighter hole, but it only defrosted a 4 inch circle down at the bottom center of the winshield, and I had to try to drive while hunching down and looking through that tiny circle!! good times!

what the heck is net ball??

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should take a video of the Camry and send it to X to the Z so he can pimp your ride.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home