Monday, June 20, 2005

my new car (probably)

So, this weekend V's car karma rubbed off on me and I finally found a car that I actually like and isn't a piece of cr*p. Another benefit to going with him was getting to drive up and down smooth, traffic-free, curvy Rt. 83 at 85 mph in a BMW, so fun! The girl selling it didn't seem shady at all, she lived in the most gorgeous verdant neighborhood in east Baltimore where all of the houses look like fairy tale gingerbread houses with little curvy paths going up to the front door and brick turrets with ivy growing on them and those triangle things that you see in Holland or something, and lots of lush greenery everywhere. I totally trusted her, she teaches cello for godssake. Here's a photo of what it looks like, not bad for a "practical, reliable, 4 door sedan"


2002 Mazda Protege

I also attended LatinoFest on Saturday, highly recommended for its 'sights, sounds and smells' ;) ESPECIALLY the grilled plantains. WOW. Other funky stuff being sold there to eat included pigs ears, gizzards, and tripe (the lining of intestines). So glad I don't eat meat!


Tripe

Also, I saw the movie 'Crash' and I give it two thumbs up. Go see it. Its not a cheerful film (its subject matter is racial tension in L.A.), but it is powerful and thought provoking, without being preachy, and shows you that nothing is black and white (excuse the pun!). Sadly, one character in the movie reminded me of a friend who died at a young age a few years ago in a car accident. The character in the movie was misjudged to be a thug-type but was really a decent person with a heart of gold, like Juan. He had a daughter and was so sweet with her just like I know Juan would have been had he been given the chance to live long enough to become a father. Life is unfair.

Victor met my parents, briefly... I think it went well...?

Also it looks like going to Vegas may not work out. I was going to meet my friend Angie who will be there for a boxing match the same weekend. She sent me a long list of cool stuff to see and do if I went there to meet her, like Madame Tusseds wax museum, the Bellagio fountain at night, dinner at the Stratosphere rotating restaurant, Elvis O'rama Museum, etc. but its a 5 hr drive each way from San Diego which I guess is too much, if you include the 5 hr flight immediately after getting back. *sigh*


The Stratosphere

Oh well, maybe I'll go there for my birthday or something. Either way I am super psyched about going to San Diego, its been so long since i've been on a proper vacation!

If you like Triumph the Insult Dog and making fun of starwars nerds, CLICK HERE RIGHT NOW!

8 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger monica said...

verdant!???! wat the heck! you are such super geek!

and shush on vegas... lets go for our birthdays!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

Thanks, I fixed it. You can see I got a lot out of my ENGLISH DEGREE! i am being edited by a goat.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

You will have to prove it by taking me for that motorcycle ride (one day when I lose my fear of death!)

Do a google image search for 'motorcycle accident'. YO. If you don't like gore, just look at this simulation

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Noam said...

What a load of tripe!

Interestingly, in Italian, "ch" sounds like "k", and "c" sounds like "ch" (before an "i" or "e" anyway). Thus words like "chianti", "gnocchi", and "chiaroscuro".

This lesson brought to you by the letter "c" and the number "oggledee-boogledee."

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

Once I got a papercut on my lip from licking an envelope. It hurt for like, three days! Be afraid, be VERY AFRAID.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

that's alright, when I go to Vegas, I'll take a lot of pictures.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's also 115 degrees in late July in Vegas. That's death valley shit.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

i think tripe is actually the stomach of a cow.

check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe

found your blog while googling "tripe" for my students. i ate some on Saturday. very rubbery. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home