Tuesday, June 14, 2005

it cost me $78 to find out...


:-(
I spent all afternoon chatting with this dude I freelance for from Microsoft who's in town and visiting my office (who he freelances for). He gave me some great advice about being organized and taking control of your life, being an actor, not a prop. We may collaborate on writing a children's book (he'll write, I'll illustrate). I've always thought of doing it but its never gotten past the thinking part. Well, this guy is the 'DO STUFF' type, not just the 'THINK STUFF' type, so maybe it will actually happen. He has more side projects going on then anyone I have ever met, including having published a book and created a game based on Gwar (Gwar Rumble in Antartica - so random!). Anyway, other then finding out what's wrong with my car really IS the transmission, nothing really interesting to say. Going on a 'pre-job-interview dinner' with my ex-boss, so she can coach me with regards to what they want to hear on Thursday when I go for the interview. I still haven't decided if I would even take this job if they offer it to me. Maybe I'll have a better idea after the interview... Major life decisions are so hard...

10 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I still highly recommend the El Camino

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

god, are you already at work? I'm just getting up!!

:P

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger monica said...

i suggest you take transit to work - it should only take you 2 hours or so each way. but you love the environment, right? or...perhaps you could bicycle!!! nothin like pedaling away with trucks and SUVs rollin by at a smooth 90 mph. be sure to wear a helmet! :-p

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is he single? ;)

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Noam said...

What is Gwar? Does it come with a gwarantee? Is it played by gwarillas?

Gonna donate the car to charity?

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

Why yes Pedro, you are exactly right.

To give you a fuller picture, read this article exerpt:

In an outstanding example of suffering for your art (or at least for your publicity), Gwar's Slymenstra plans to send 200,000 volts of electricity through her body while immersed in water on Friday.

The stunt will take place during the band's performance at the Dragon*con sci-fi convention in Atlanta on June 30 and will be carried live on the Internet that evening at the online Webcam center Cammunity.com.

Fans of Gwar are accustomed to the band's onstage antics, which typically involve latex gore, fake phalluses, and a liberal amount of theatrical blood. The group released its latest album, "We Kill Everything," last year and also recently spawned a board game. As Gwar frontman Odorus Urungus explained at the time, the gory hijinks help the band "appeal to the 12-year-old, pimply-faced, drink-Big-Gulps-all-day and hang-out-at-the-comic-book-store-only-to-be molested-by-the-shop's-owner demographic"

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger monica said...

operation and hungry hippos all the way baby!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

No way, UNO and Boggle. Pictionary!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Yatzee - the people pictured on the box always looked like they were having such a good time.

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Sorry, Diplomacy is the best game ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home