Thursday, January 31, 2008

"explain this" PLUS bonus freaky twin report!

Explain this:

About three weeks ago, on a weeknight, I was woken up at 2 am by a violent pounding at the door followed by the door bell ringing. I jump up from my deep sleep, heart pounding furiously in my chest, assuming there must be some emergency! Of course being a single woman living alone, I hesitated at 2 am to run down and answer the door, instead cautiously looking out of the window to investigate. Whe I looked out of the window and then downstairs through the peephole no one was there, and after a while I thought maybe the doorbell went off on its own (which happens sometimes when the weather is damp) and maybe I dreamt the violent pounding, like maybe it was a psychological reaction to being woken up so suddenly...

Well, last night at 4 am someone loudly pounded on the door using the knocker. Again I jumped out of bed with a heart attack practically, almost nauseous from being woken up so violently, looked at the clock to see what time it was, and looked out the window. I didn't see anyone, nor did I see any cars out front that didn't belong. Cody comes in, also woken up, going 'what the heck was that! Who's at the door??" (Hence knowing I'm not crazy, now that I have a witness!) I send him down to look out of the peephole while I watch out the window but neither of us can see anyone.

Eventually, I stay up watching HORRIBLE tv (at that hour its all infomercials, fresh prince of bel air, and Happy Days!) and listening for anything unusual until 6:30, I think I dozed off maybe until 7:15 feeling safer once the sun was up. ugh.

Anyway its so confusing, and thus frightening - because,
A.) what would someone get out of playing ding dong ditch, esp. not on a random whim but repeatedly at the same house.
B.) ding dong ditch is a kids game, what kids are wandering outside at 4 am on a weeknight!
C.) this seems like an unlikely game for anyone to play at that hour on a weeknight in the dead of winter when its freezing out
D.) how come I never see anyone running away!?!

Explain that!!

As promised, freaky conjoined twin update

Here are my two new favorite conjoined twins:
Two headed baby born in china- one body, with only the normal set of internal organs, but 2 backbones branching off into two separate but functional heads!




Lakshmi was born with 4 arms and 4 legs. Thought to be the reincarnated form of the 4-armed Indian goddess after which she was named, she is actually sporting the full body of a conjoined twin, SANS HEAD. That is wiggedy-wack. But she's super cute! (From the neck up!!!!!)



And, perhaps funkiest of all:

"Doctors Find Two Dead Siblings In the Stomach of a Lone Triplet"
Doctors removed two siblings from the body of a one-year-old in Indonesia yesterday. The girl’s siblings were removed from her abdomen and the surviving triplet, who absorbed her unviable sisters, is expected to survive. One of the bodies, according the story, was totally complete, except for arms and legs. And the other had ony a head, but with hair, and also part of a digestive system.

I would be afraid of a girl who ate her siblings. That's badass.

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Why didn't you open the door? It could just be a short person!

Also, why are you really worried? Were you never a kid? Just brush it off and go to sleep. You old geezer.

 
At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i bet it was noam. that happens to us too, but it's usually just the same bored lonely crackhead neighbor asking if we can lend him change to get a pack of cigarettes or give him a ride. you should put a sign on the door that says something funny like, "if you knock on my door after 10pm i'm going to snipe you from the window, beeatch" or "i saw you both times and i know your mother."

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you that guy who came to your door last night trying to sell the alarm system is the same guy who banged on the door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home