Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So you wanna be a rock superstar, and live large, a big house, 5 cars, you're in charge

How much is flexibility and independence at work worth to you? In dollars. If you could come in at 10 am every day? If you could, when you felt like it, take an hour and half lunch with out sweating it? If you could work from home every Monday, what would that be worth to you? 2 grand? 5 grand? 10 grand? In this country, in this life, where from childhood you are taught to equate 'success' with your job title and your income, the size of your house and the profile of your car, the brand name on your shoes and the divirsity of your investments, would you be willing to give up flexibility, chillness, and freedom for prestige and a fat sweaty wad of cash?

Is success equivelant to bling, or to personal satisfaction, or to enjoying your life at your desired pace sans big house/fatty paycheck, or what?

Uplifting death quote of the day:
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Name the movie without using Google for 2 points. Not that I can prove whether you are a dirty sneakin' cheater or not, but try to be honest out there, boyscouts.

2 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The death quote of the day happens to be one of my dads favorite movies. I remember watching it as a kid with him.

Having work felxability is awesome, but I think more money would be worth it for me because I dont have a family. I would kill though to work from home a day or two a week.

-angie
ang

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Noam said...

Does angie win just by saying that? Should I not give it away, this dick-written knife jogger of a movie?

You know the choice I've made vis-a-vis bling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home