Thursday, January 24, 2008

trash TV


I tried to watch the presidential debates. What crap. I learned almost nothing of the candidates' view on the issues, because nearly the entire time was spent attacking eachother's voting and personal records. I thought that was the Republicans' job. In fact, it was almost entirely Obama and Clinton going at it, with a few words gotten in edgewise by Edwards, who also went the attack route. Blah. Its like watching gladiators, only they are fighting by selectively choosing votes from eachothers past and casting them in the worst possible light. Worthless TV. I'd rather watch... that show where the chicks are fighting to date Brett Michaels. Or, the one about Chachi being 45 and single. Only now he's knocked up some chick so the show is now titled 'Scott Baeo is 46 and a slut.' Or something.


Recent movies:
Sunshine - rating: good
I Am Legend - rating: meh
Juno - rating: so freakin good

Recent books:
Red Badge of Courage - rating: meh
Village in the Treetops - rating: meh
A Thousand Splendid Suns - rating: thumbs up
An American Tragedy - rating: loved it

4 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should read either Wild Seed or Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler!!! I'm serious. Or the Golden Compass. Seriously they are so good. I'm not lion.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Yeah, debates are stupid. Politicians are smart enough not to say what they think anymore. Because empty pablum works. Alas.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tivo the Brett Michaels show, I love it. I love crappy reality shows on VH1.

-angie

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger monica said...

Try this site to see where the candidates stand in relation to the things you care about/advocate for/etc.

www.electoralcompass.com

or better yet, just vote for Obama! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home