Monday, November 05, 2007

halloween

Halloween came and went, for the first time in years I didn’t go to Fells Point, or a Halloween Party, or anything. Blame it on a Wednesday holiday, if you like, but I call it getting old. Anyway, I still did other Halloween stuff. The kids and I went to the Pumpkin patch, my favorite fall activity involving a hay ride, orange pumpkins dotting the countryside connected by winding green vines (way better then picking a pumpkin from a bin at the grocery store!) There were goats, pigs, the ugliest cows ever, and … some kind of a yak thing that looked like a creature from the Neverending Story. We bought apple cider, blueberry bread, fresh fresh delicious apples, and some lumpy warty squashes. Fun! I love the fall.


Until this year, I’ve been able to keep the pumpkins I buy pretty small by telling the kids they can only pick a pumpkin they can carry. This year, though, Jake picked a giant one and just powered through it, barely able to lift it, stumbling under its weight on the way back to the wagon. “Are you sure you don’t want this lighter pumpkin?” “no…*grunt*…. Its…OK…..I got it…..*grunt*…..”


We carved the pumpkins and, sadly, the kids barely needed my help this time. They’re growing up! My aunt the other day said, pretty soon I won’t see them much at all, it will just be ‘Hi mom, bye mom.’ I told her, ‘that’s ok, I’ll just make a couple more.’ Hehe….heh…anyway..
Jake wanted to be SLASH for Halloween. How does my 9 yr old even know who Slash is?! At school, none of the kids knew who he was. Some guessed Ozzie Osbourne. But when he went trick or treating, all of the adults answering the doors knew who he was and thought it was awesome. Haha. Across the street, some neighbors were putting on a puppet show about Jesus. Apparantly in my neighborhood there are a bunch of cool people who regularly hang out outside and watch movies projected on the side of the building! Maybe one day I’ll stop being a recluse and meet them.

3 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Noam said...

It's just been a few hours, and that video is already no longer available.

Ah, the country life. In NYC, we pick our pumpkins at the supermarket. That's ok, I prefer my pumpkins in my lattes, cheesecakes, and other goodies.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Was that a Halloween puppet show about Jesus?

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

try the video now

yes it was a halloween puppet show about jesus and loving your neighbor even if he has braces and glasses, haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home