Wednesday, October 03, 2007

In music news...

I heard recently the craziest thing so I had to verify it, and it is in fact true.

Robert Plant (led Zeppelin) and Alison Krauss have partnered and produced an album (Raising Sand). I know what you're thinking... Robert Plant is still alive?

Anyway, haven't listened to the whole album but some of it is a little too country-ish for me. Still, not bad, and worth a listen. There are some nice harmonies in 'Please Read the Letter' if you want to just check out one song.


Also, Radiohead, in generous Google fashion, has decided to make their new album 'In Rainbows' available on their site for digital download for HOWEVER MUCH YOU WANT TO PAY FOR IT!
"If the new method works then more artists could be encouraged to give up on record labels and go on their own."
What do you think about that?

I, of course, am getting an advanced copy from my Radiohead fan-buddy Eric :)
But am thinking about going on the site and giving some money anyway.

2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Mohammad said...

Zeppelin is a show in London, sold out already of course, but tickets can be had for $500-2k. I'm thinking about it, just to do it, but sadly I don't know if I'll be able to b/c of the job down the road.

Hope your bday went well, the pictures of NY are good. I also think that blond in the green during your party was cute!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Noam said...

How much would you pay for it?

And, would you pay that amount if they'd just charged you, or would you just illegally download?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home