Monday, September 17, 2007

Hippy Bathday Hogs

My birthday was this weekend, and while I didn't end up going to NY it still was really fun. My actual birthday fell on a holiday so we celebrated both at dinner at my parents house. V and M came, as well as my sister & her b/f. Then on Fri. night we went to the Irish festival in the rain and met up with B-Funk & g/f who is knocked up! So exciting but also stressfull because one of them isn't psyched about it. Or, is still getting there. I don't know whats worse, being honest about your trepidation even if its hurtful to your pregnant girl, or pretending to be psyched when you're really not. Usually I'm all for honesty but when its brutal, I just don't know. Maybe a softened version of the truth would be the best?

The moral of the story is, if you know V, you better double-wrap it, because this has happened to almost everyone he knows!!


fAnyway, on Sunday we threw together a last-minute joint bday party for me & monica / sunday football event. There were a lot of people and a lot of food! And even tiki torches. M&W brought a Morroccan feast (all vegetarian of course!), Ang made the chocolate/reecie-cup cake pictured (Which actually says,"happy birthday HAGS") and the party was kind of two rounds,the early people who left shortly after the game, and the people who didn't show up until 8. By the time we went to bed we were exhausted! But in a good way

.

.

.

.

.

"Darling, gaze into my eyes from across the room as we share this vegetable delight..."

3 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Party! Way too much food! Regarding your comment that I was only there to see the game....I shall refute! I could have been at home on my new leather couch, watching my new HUGE Flatscreen. Sipping on unusually strong cocktails and smoking non-nicotine herbal products. Instead, I thought hanging out with a special friend (you) and all her coooool friends and cooool kids, and insane pets would be a nicer way to spend my day. On another note...koudos to M&W for the awesome Moroccan dishes. I do love them chickpeas, and I'm already craving some more of those cookies!

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right, I am 6'4 and keep an ear out for a free buffet. No, I really wanted to see your casa and see C&J again. B-days make you feel old only when you spend them by yourself, so I was glad to spend the day with you and your friends. Big ups to W&M for the food.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

Yay I'm so glad you guys could make it- I know its a bit of a haul from Bmore to the burbs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home