Tuesday, April 24, 2007

i hate neptune

Friday I had girls night out since V was in Austin. We went to the Lebanese Taverna downtown and had some m'saka, shankleesh, makdous, and foole me'damas and even though I'm not in my 20's anymore, got hit on by the (super annoying) waiter. Go Away! So fun eating foreign fare and I sure do feel sorry for people who live their whole lives eating only meatloaf and mashed potatoes and never trying all of the wonderful flavors and spices and recipes out there.

Next we saw a really good, bluesy, slide guitar playin lesbian band (Michelle Malone) at the Austin Grill. Now that the weather has become bearable, I find myeself actually wanting to go do things!! Yay! I feel like I'm out of hibernation. Saturday was flag football where someone told me that they have never seen anyone as 'nested' as V and I (what does that mean?)
Cody scored a 2 point conversion and I was actually cheering out loud for him. The team won by 2 points so, well of course I attribute the win to my kid! :P It was so cool to see him bursting with pride but trying to humbly restrain it. Ahh the good parts of being a parent. So awesome. Then we went to Barnes & Noble for some coffee and chilled out looking at books before soccer. So relaxing!! Eventually I went to Balt. to see V on his day back from Austin and he took me to Thai Arroy in Federal Hill, which is HEAVEN. This, I think is my favorite thai restaurant in the world. Get the panang curry with vegetarian duck, and vegetarian drunken noodles with vegetables. You WONT be sorry!
Favorite Saturday Night Live line of the week:
Amy Poehler:
[cheery] Tomorrow is earth day.
[snarling] So suck it, neptune!
[under her breath] I hate neptune.

2 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Tell cody congratulations on his conversion. We really do need more Jews.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger monica said...

yay! i'm so glad you enjoyed Michelle Malone. Never can be sure if other folks will dig someone i like. One of these days i'll get around to posting the pics from that nite! eep!

PS - i did finally update my blog tho... so read on! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home