Friday, March 30, 2007

cute news story of the day

Couple Celebrates 80 Years Of Marriage
Marriage Started During Coolidge Presidency
March 30, 2007

LUBEC, Maine -- Kathleen and Waldo Tarbell have a big anniversary to celebrate Saturday -- their 80th. The Maine couple married in 1927, during Calvin Coolidge's presidency.
They will celebrate at an anniversary party at the Oceanview Nursing Home, where they share a large room. The Tarbells said marriage has changed them. Kathleen said she's been a Democrat her entire adult life. But Waldo, originally a Republican, has turned Democrat.
He added that she "converted" him.

-------

I am sick and spent hours yesterday lying in bed watching 'the Office' marathon.
With no one to take care of me and bring me soup! wah.
But, V and the neighborhood circle of love hooked me up with some furniture delivery at a moments notice, and that went a long way towards cheering me up! Yay Robinson Street gang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home