Monday, March 05, 2007

work falling from the sky (ouch)

So, lately I am being pummeled by offers of freelance work. When it rains it pours. Ok evil temptors, I'll trade my peace of mind for a bag of paper.
Ugh, as much as I need the money (atrociously high gas & electric bills, summer camp, braces, glasses, clothes, frickin comcast, etc. etc. etc.!) I really just want to be lazy and chill when I get home from work. I want to see my boyfriend, spend time with my boys, watch Heros, go to a movie, practice guitar, get some laundry done, plant flowers, paint my living room, draw a picture, etc. etc. etc.! Its a struggle, but in the end, the winner is, make some extra bux because I never want to worry about money and the more of it I have the less anxious I have to be. Of course, having a ton of work to do after already working 40 hrs a week and having 2 kids to raise makes me very anxious! Which sucks. Argh, what a trade-off!

Unfortunately, this will sap up some of my free time, and my sleep time, and even moreso my peace of mind, but its only temporary I guess! And maybe I will be able to afford to replace my kitchen cabinets, and go somewhere far away this year, and take the kids on a cool trip like I have been promising them, and stash some more cash in their college fund.

Ah well, so anyway, saw my friend Aaron from San Diego this weekend who has agreed to host us at his pad when we go there in June so that we can stay through the weekend. He's also going to take V to a Pedro's/Orioles game before I get there. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory (where there's a line to get on a list to get in line) with V, M, and the kids. It was good but by the time we left the dinner crowd had arrived and there was a mob 20 people wide by 40 people long all willing to stand around for 2 hours for the pleasure of eating chain food. Lunatics, I tell ya. Suburban hell. Try getting a parking spot at that mall that isn't in the gravel lot across the street. I dare you. Monitor your blood pressure during the process, I don't want to be the cause of any anneruisms!

Read this to kill time at work, because this guy is way more entertaining then me (I promise)

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know that dude from Napolean Dynamite had a pro baseball team named after him. Can't wait to see the San Diego Pedro's vs the O's in June. Or maybe it's the Padres. Haha!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger monica said...

Pedro's vs the Orioles. hahahahahaha

you crazy girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home