Tuesday, February 06, 2007

karma police

I was just bragging to my brother about not being sick in a long time, when I came down with something awful that is dragging on for the second week. I'd call it a karmincidence.




This weekend was so busy between moving a
new-sed sectional into my basement, shampooing the carpet of the mud dragged in by moving said couch, washing the cushion covers, cleaning up the house, then Sunday preparing all day for the last-minute superbowl party at my house. It was fun but exhausting! The theme was Mexican so V & I made vegetarian chicken enchiladas with mole sauce, spicy queso and chips, and a big punchbowl full of mexican sangria. Other people brought beer and wine, spicy black bean dip, morroccan lentils, hummus, sandwich rolls, pasta salad, etc. so I guess it wasn't entirely Mexi-themed.

It was pretty fun and the couch worked out great, what a last minute miracle! Didn't watch too much of the superbowl itself, and the commercials were just so-so in my opinion, but I loved the Prince half-time show! How does he still look 26? The man has got to be at least 45 right? Is it because he's a vegetarian? made a deal with the devil? found the fountain of youth? hit the genetic jackpot?

Anyway, good times. And E cleaned up the entire kitchen before leaving, which was sooo awesome to not have to deal with since after the party I was exhausted! Anyway now I am paying the price of not resting at all on the weekend, as my illness has redoubled its efforts to break me down! Feel free to send get well soon gifts and flowers, email me if you need my address.

hehe :P

4 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Prince? Eh...

Did you save any enchiladas for me?

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Noam said...

You should take actual pictures of your food. Those stock photos aren't fooling anyway. You only wish your sangria looked that pretty.

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sick too :( it's ok we can cough all over aba's birthday dinner on sunday.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger monica said...

Thanks for the superbowl fun! We had a faboo time! :) and that totally rocked how u got a sofa at the last minute. You worked that out girl! :)

PS - ur right those commercials sucked azzzz. but Prince was awesome! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home