Friday, March 02, 2007

cozy comfy

So last night was cozy comfy cuddling on my couch watching Stranger then Fiction and eating delish veg chinese food. What a great way to end the work day! Sometimes I wish every day would end like that. Not to gag the singles out there, but I am really happy and thankful to have someone wonderful in my life who makes me so happyyyyyy

So, Stranger than Fiction was really good, with Will Ferrell playing straight man (extremely straight man!) and and Maggie Gyllenhall absolutely shining in her role, but I couldn't help thinking that the movie could have been GREAT if it was done by my favorite screenwriter, Charlie Kaufman* (I love his brain so much that I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant). Nevertheless, the movie was sweet, funny, the characters believable, likeable, and good- a sweet, weird story with a moral about life and art.
In more annoying news, I have no power in my basement and need to replace a switch in my fusebox to fix it. Isn't home ownership a blast? In other news, Mrs. Peacock is selling her house- who wants to be my next door neighbor? :D
*See Adaptation for an astounding version of a similar premise.

5 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Noam said...

I want to be your neighbor! Please buy me the house!

Stranger Than Fiction was nice, but not great. There were so many things they could have done with the premise, but didn't go there... maybe that's why you think your boyfriend Charlie Kaufman would have done better.

He bought her flours! Hee.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Noam said...

Who would have thought you'd be making 30 Rock references? ;)

None of the other episodes come close to the head and the hair.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger monica said...

OMG i totally was like crying when he bought her flours. that was SO DAMN SWEET!!!!!!! i loved the movie - i was all happy cryin at the end. of course, ive been known to cry after commercials.

anywhoo... new bestest movie ever - The Science of Sleep.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

I loved Stranger Than Fiction! I thought the writing was great!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Long live the New Flesh said...

its so funny- I was watching Stranger than Fiction yesterday on a train back from Pittsburgh and I thought the exact same thing about Charlie Kaufman. He makes all his character such pathetic little nebishes, but you somehow still want to like them even though you would probably dump then two weeks into the relationship in real life.
I read the pilot for this weird tv show he was planning to make last year...no idea what's going on with that. if I find the script again I'll send it to you, k?
ps i hate Queen Latifa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home