Tuesday, January 30, 2007

keeping up with the Jonses

This weekend in summary:
Fun fun tennis doubles with V, Matt, and Christoph, and dogs Kona (calm) and Nyx (spaz)
followed by a delish indian dinner with V Matt and Eric in Little Italy of all places! Mmmmm, Baingan Bartha (to quote Eric, "mmm, I love this "bangin' betty" !)
Then we watched this movie called Idiocracy. Stupid movie but I liked the premise, namely that with no natural predators, 'evolution' doesn't necessarily favor intelligence. In this case, smart people who only have a planned number of children, sometimes waiting until their 40's to even start, get outnumbered by the drooling masses who produce gaggles of kids, leading to a world of idiots sitting on a lazy-boy equipped with built in toilet seat, drinking beer from a tube and eating goo out of a bucket with their fingers while watching, 'Ow I got kicked in the nuts' while the United States is run by a president originally from WWE. Is that where we are heading??
Stupid movie though.

Anyway, Sunday I dropped one kid off at a friends house and picked up a friend to play with my other son. Both of the houses were huge shiny new McMansions that made me feel like I live in a urine-stained cardboard box in the ghetto. For a moment, I felt anxious about bringing this 8 yr old into the house! Well as a single mother in her early 30s I shouldnt be comparing myself to 45 yr old married couples life situations, and ideally I shouldn't be comparing myself to anyone, but its just so hard not to! lame.

Then Monica, Wissam, V, the kids and I all had a vegetarian Chinese feast at my house, followed by a 2 hour long set-up of the surround-sound speakers V gave me, the Wizards game (they won!) and some highly animated games of Spit (a fast-action card game) involving much screaming, laughing, and anxiety! I was worried for a minute that I had lost my touch, but in the end, I dominated.

THE CHAMPION!

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that kid flipped when he saw the X-Box360 hooked up to your 57" HD TV w/ your 5.1 Dolby Surround tower speaker system. And I'm pretty sure if you sat down w/Ms. Jones that she might be impressed with the tales of your recent vacations to the Caribbean, Miami, San Diego and Hawaii. And if Ms Jones read your blog to find that your boyfriend picked you up in a late model BMW with the Ass warming leather seats already in effect to take you to some exotic restaurant I'm pretty sure that Ms Jones just might want to try keeping up with the Mohrs. It's not about having a big house with rooms you don't even use and with kids you don't even spend quality time with b/c they are over in the left wing somewhere. It's about a lifestyle that works for you and your family. Hell with the Joneses!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger monica said...

watever... i totally LET you win! ;) hehe

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger monica said...

PS - you guys suck.

*goes back to watching her tiny tv with 1970s speakers*

:-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home