Friday, November 03, 2006

Can someone tell me WHY?

Because I have been so busy there are alot of things I haven't blogged about, like the party I went to in DC with valet parking, my upcoming conference in Pittsburgh (ugh), the traumas and joys of being a homeowner- woah does it feel like a ball and chain sometimes! Largely because its so scary doing something so major on your own. I think if I bought a house with someone, it would feel more like, just fun and exciting and new, and less like, scary and financially catastrophic and like I'm trapped there for a long time. But mostly its great.

Instead of catching up on all of that stuff, I just want to blog about the woman who took my ticket last night at the movie theater. Lets call her Monique. But first, I want to complain about what is supposedly the most popular movie theater in the country, Muvico Arundle Mills. $10/per ticket, $15 for 2 tiny pizzas and a wonka bar, not getting the wonka bar, having a line down the center of the screen through most of the movie, all while having to fight hypothermia. Last time I went there, they forgot to turn off the lights, someone had to leave the movie to go tell them. Then, 20 min into the movie, the lights came back on again! We saw the Prestige, which was pretty good without being astounding.

Anyway, back to 'Monique'. Monique. I ask you this. You are already disabled and in a wheelchair. You have some physical deformities, being tiny with small arms and hands, which probably makes life's daily taks pretty difficult for you. That really sucks being dealt that card, and I feel for you. However, why, oh why, would you choose, with all of this against you already, to grow your fingernails out to such long and crippling proportions that you can barely take and rip my ticket? Aren't things already difficult enough for you?

I guess my rant is not specifically against Monique, but against cripplingly long fingernails in general. Can anyone answer the following question-- WHY?

7 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger monica said...

uhm, cuz some folks like the grotesque? eep! i dont know, i hate those kinda nails!!!! all long and gnarly. ewwwwwwwwww!!

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lady who tore my ticket today when i saw borat had facial hair!!!! yyyyuck!! why can't i get a job again?????!!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Long live the New Flesh said...

anyone ever tell you that you look like sarah silverman?

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger SuperWife said...

I have no idea about 'Monique' (Howard Hughes may be the only human to accurately assess the situation and he is long dead.), but just wanted to say that I saw THE PRESTIGE over the weekend, too. I really enjoyed it. (Though, we caught a matinee and didn't have near the problems with our little neighborhood theatre that you seemed to have endured.)

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are nasty nales that woman has!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(: (; 0-: <3

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

You should've asked monique that question. Hypotheticaly, Here's how that back & forth banter would've gone:

Spider Girl: Maam, I can see you've been dealt a shitty hand in life, on account of having little arms and legs and being strapped to a wheel chair. Why do you choose to crippling long finger nails???

Monique: Fuck you white devil. And the name is Monique, Biatch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home