Tuesday, November 28, 2006

back and blogging

Well I'm back from my cruise to the Carribean, wow, I haven't blogged in so long! Internet access was priced at a premium on the boat, so I figured I'd take a week hiatus.

Did you miss me?!?!

Photos to come soon, but in the meantime, rejoice that I am alive, because I almost hit a deer on the way home from Baltimore when I got back from my trip! Who knew there were deer in Baltimore?? After being awake for 20 hours and my last real meal 12 hrs in the past (i did have a snack size doritos, a handful of trail mix and a small glass of apple juice in that time period) I attempted the 40 min drive home - its hard enough to focus on just getting home in that zombie-like condition without having to worry about ruminant mammals jumping out of the mist into the path of my speeding car! Some screeching and swerving and thumping heartbeats later, everything was cool and no one was hurt. But man, just think about how anytime, in a slow-reflex moment, you can go from fun vacation to crippled or killed. yikes.

Anyway!

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention the deer. At least you have an airbag.

Moral: don't drive. Move to New York City.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger SuperWife said...

My ex hit a deer once. Trashed our car, but he didn't get hurt.

Interestingly, when he called the cops to report it, a state highway patrolman came to help him and the two of them loaded the 8 point buck onto the back of the patrolman's car and they then stopped off at the home of a disadvantaged local (who could presumably make good use of the meat) to drop it off before dropping my ex off at a towing company.

Same time of year, as I recall. Glad you avoided the problem. And glad to have you back!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home