Monday, September 18, 2006

argh!

In an extremely irritating twist of fate, the people who I am buying my house from decided to let me know one day before closing that they are, in fact, going to take me up on my offer to let them rent back for 30 days. ONE DAY NOTICE? wtf?? So annoying. I already planned out my move, got people to agree to help move on that day, reserved the truck, called the utility companies and told them to switch everything over to my name, got the kids all psyched up... It was so awful telling them. Do you have any idea how long 30 days is to an 8 year old? He burst into tears from the dissapointment. My 13 yr old was more defeatist about it, taking the way-too-jaded-for-a-13-yr-old stance of, 'I knew something would go wrong. It always does. Life is full of dissapointments'

This is the suck.

Anyway, if you agreed to help me move on Saturday, you're off the hook... Until Oct. 21 that is!
The good news is, we can ride to the party in DC together afterwards, all sweaty and gross! yay! please???

4 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger SuperWife said...

You're not kidding. That IS the suck! The day before..."argh!" indeed!! I don't know that I'd have been as gracious as giving them the entire month at that point.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger monica said...

uhm...so the one day notice thing does suck a little, but worse is C's response!!!!!!!!!! wat the heck! OMG that makes me SO depressed!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger monica said...

ps - wat the hell is that picture!?!? SO scary!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Noam said...

Why is he crying about spending another month with the grandparents? Is it so terrible there? I mean, they rarely pull out the thumbscrews any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home