Thursday, September 14, 2006

1996 was like, yesterday!

yesterday I was looking at furniture with my 8 year old.
It was a retro kitchen set. He said to me, 'I don't really like it. What do you think?'
I replied, 'I dunno, the chairs are kind of groovy' ( a word I picked only because it was 60's style furniture, by the way!)
His response: 'Mom. Please don't EVER use that word again. This isn't 1996!'

*sigh* I'm going to jump off a bridge!

Actually, if I was THIS GUY i'd want to jump off a bridge. This had to be the most embarrassing day of his life!

4 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont' know if you got my message but i called last night to say happy birthday. i get confused with the time change thing. I'm in Hollywood! i'll try to find you drift wood but i can't promise anything, sincd you asked me after i already left northern cali. i'll do my best though! happy birthday, see you laer.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger monica said...

uh... WHY exactly was he charged with a felony!?!??! wat the heck! Seems pretty racist to me given the guys last name! wat the heck.

btw, J has no concept of time that is over 40 years ago and to him he probably heard that term used back in the 90s cuz the whole 60s stuff made a comeback then! stop fretting about age. that story is too cute, not depressing!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger monica said...

PS - i got this in my inbox today...

Age is all imagination. Ignore years and they'll ignore you. -Ella Wheeler-Wilcox

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Ignore years and they'll ignore you. Until you can't eat solid food and member of the opposite sex look at you in disgust. When that happens, ignore solid food and members of the opposite sex, and they'll ignore you. Timeless words of wisdom.

(Yeah, I've never heard of Ella Wheeler-Wilcox either.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home