Monday, September 11, 2006

What the hell?!?

Question of the day:

At concerts, why do the bands like to play the 'walk off stage and pretend the show is over even though its not going to be over for an hour because you have an entire set left to play' game, and moreover, why does the audience love to play along? They start cheering, and clapping, and looking with superior disdain upon the few people walking quickly out of the stadium to get to their cars before the rush. Bad fan! they seem to say with their eyes, as they start pounding thier request for one more song on the backs of the stadium chairs and with thier stomping feet.

Sadly we missed most of Damien Marley, but seeing the face of the friend who I took to the concert as a birthday gift flushed with excitement and adoration and pure happiness was worth every penny and all of the stress of the trip over, which included a 90 mph reverse trip through a narrow alley during which my life flashed before my eyes -- backwards. There was a moment of annoyingness when the completely wasted people sitting behind us kept sloshing beer on us as a result of their drunken gyrations, but after the second time my big brave boyfriend put an end to it, it was very chivalrous and manly :)

Today I wore my new bracelet and earring set that V bought me for my birthday and are so pretty and cute- he has really good taste in jewlery or else somehow just knows what I like. Then I tried this new contraption at the gas station, you can either vaccum, scent, or shampoo your car. I picked shampoo just to try it. There are no instructions. The thing started spewing super-foamy goosh all over, so not knowing what else to do, I started scrubbing the carpets and seats with the foaming gooshing brush until it ran out. Then it just stopped. Umm.... now what??
Everything is covered in shampoo, I have to drive with the windows open because of the overwhelming shampoo smell. What the hell?!?

4 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Noam said...

I can see Victor turning around and whining, "Hey, you guys, would you please cut it out?" while you swoon with girlish delight.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger monica said...

i was there... V was super scary macho man and shirley was definitely swooning and gushing over her hero! :-p

Thanks by the way for the gift of going to the concert. Ben was amazing and I was definitely happier than happy to be there with 3 of my fav peeps to see the God that is Ben. yay!

oh and damien was good too. haha sike, he was sooooooooooooooooo sexy good! so was the flag man! yum! :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No whining, no please, no uncertain terms.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

**swooning all over again**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home