Monday, July 17, 2006

worst morning ever

This morning my kid missed his bus for camp, which was going to Annapolis. They were still pretty close so I think I might be able to catch up with them on Rt. 100. While trying to do so, I get pulled over for speeding (which I *wasn't* doing) and aggressive driving (which I *was* doing). The cop just gave me a warning- I think he may have realized that saying, 'I was doing 80 and you were right behind me' might not look so good for him.) Then when I finally get into work at 11:00 after driving to Annapolis and back, I slice the tip of my thumb off. Hooray.

Anyway I had a pretty pleasant but short trip to the beach this weekend with V and the kids and his mom and little brother. The water was rife with jellyfish though. Red ones, bleck. It was really cute watching V run football plays with them and his little brother in the sand. He felt terrible when there was a roughhouse-induced injury, even though that happens about once a week when you have boys and none of us were surprised or upset by it, esp. once the bandaid was applied. The fun, practice, and esteem-inducing compliments they got FAR outweighed the minor injury. I think everyone had a good time and the kids were a dream on the ride. I know they aren't perfect but I think they are the bestest kids ever.

Who ever said gambling doesn't pay off??

Click here to read about the two-faced kitty (pictured above)

Top 10 worst domain names - this is funny


UPDATE: V my knight in shining armor picked me up for lunch (drunken noodles) and brought me beautiful white flowers called Lisianthus. They are gorgeous and delicate- look at the spiral of the unopened buds. So pretty! I'm not having a bad day anymore :)

5 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Is that a real cat???









scwgvp

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger SuperWife said...

Love the flowers!! And, I'm glad that V cheered you up with them! Flowers do wonders for me, too.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Noam said...

He knows you, you're a like-to-get-flowers girl :) And white represents purity, like the purity of his love for you...

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger monica said...

did someone say LOVE!?!?!?!

*gasp!*

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are cool! I don't suppose Ive read anything like this before.
eDiscountShopping.com | VoucherCodeSite.co.uk


 

Post a Comment

<< Home