Friday, June 30, 2006

sick, sick, sick

Short blog today because I don't have much time, but it looks like my luggage finally showed up although I don't have it in hand today. Yesterday we went to the dead sea. We drove throught the desert which was cool scenery though not sandy like when you see the Sahara in movies with the dunes and the sand blowing around. It was kind of mountainy but all brown and not much growing there. We saw ibex which are like, goats with long horns curving back, and the kids rode a camel, and there were Beduines, which are nomads that live in the desert, riding donkeys with head wraps and living in makeshift shacks and herding sheep. We also saw remnants from tanks that were left behind from the war of 67. At the dead sea the weather was hot, the water was hot, everything was hot! But it was cool how you floated your legs just plopped up without trying, you could just lay there for hours and be held up by the water. Boy it made your hangnails burn though! We all covered ourselves with the mineral-rich mud from head to toe, it was gross. Overall it was a cool experience, there were people there from all over the world, I heard german, australian accents, americans, etc.

Today my cousin's husband, who owns his own hair salon, cut my hair and it looks cool. It was terrifying because he layered it and I saw all this hair flying and I thought, oh god this is going to be awful. I kept telling myself don't freak out, hair grows back... But ba sof, (in the end), I really like it! Hopefully it will also look good tomorrow when I style it myself... On Sunday he wants to put highlights in. Then I went to my cousins house to try on clothes to wear to the party this evening since I don't have my luggage. So, I will get a picture and try to post it to the blog if my brother complies! I am exhausted now because I'm sick, I don't remember the last time I was sick its been so long, but of course I have to get sick on vacation. Blah. Anyway, more later, gotta get ready for Cody's suprise bar-mitzvah party which is going to be in Tel Aviv overlooking the ocean. I hope he likes suprises!! :-O

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he'll dig it. The trip was planned b/c he skipped his bar-mitzvah and now he gets one in the homeland.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger monica said...

yay!!!!! do a little hava-nagila-ing for me! :p

i can't wait to see your hair! post pics soonnnnnnnnnn! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home