Monday, March 06, 2006

adaptation is a great movie

So busy at work lately its crazy.
But, our new site went live, a project I have been working on for like, 3 years.
So, I am getting a lot of props, at least. Here it is pre-spider-girl and here it is post spider-girl.

Sunday I took Jake on a walk around Lake Kittemequandi. It was so cool because the paved path only goes about half-way around and then dead-ends. Beyond that, there is sort of a beaten down dirt path through the woods 'where the sidewalk ends' (haha - shel silverstien reference) We get to the end and Jake says, 'oh man, the path ends, I guess we have to go back' so I go, 'nah, we're going to keep going, through the woods'. Well he totally thought I was b.s.-ing, then when he realized I was being serious he was like, 'We ARE? I LOVE you, SO MUCH!' then the whole time, he kept saying, 'This is the best day of my LIFE!' it was so cute and totally made me wish I could be 7 years old again. It was pretty fun, the lake on one side with islands, seagulls, ducks, Canadian geese, and a slow-moving translucent green stream on the other side to throw rocks in. There was even a small sandy beach area, with tiny oyster shells and everything! Who knew? Good ole' Columbia. Its not so bad :P

Then we met up with M for dinner at Carrabas. It was only aaaight for me, but M said it was her new favorite restaurant. Our waiter was this tall strapping Australian lad, who called tomatoes 'toMAHtoes' and kept saying, 'No worries' and 'sweet' and other Australian cliches, to the point of annoyance. I wanted to ask him if he wouldn't rather be working next door at the Outback Steakhouse. M actually went to the bathroom to primp and put on lipstick, I guess she thought he was cute. Haha. The cool thing was he got me a side for free. The sucky thing was, he apparently had a mental block when it came to understanding 'water, no lemon'

Then I watched the Oscars. Somewhat entertaining, but a painful amount of commercials. TiVo, how I need you !

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger monica said...

OMG i did not primp for him! i did it because i got a new schmaggle of fun lipsticks and brushes and glittery shiny things! and ur son was totally mortified just me showing you the lipstick so i couldn't put it on at the table! I will say this tho, the waiter did totally touch me and give me a special "no worries mate" after i put the shiney lipstchick on! hahahaa

ps - that place rocked! my dish was SO good!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Isn't it nice to make your own worshippers? They give you compliments for the littlest things. Best day ever, huh, I want one of those...

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Holy crap the before and after websites are awesome! good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home