Tuesday, February 21, 2006

carpe diem

This was the weekend of "doing stuff I never thought I'd do."

I never thought I'd go to WWE Smackdown.
I learned: yep, It really is stupid, and has no redeeming value.
But, I'm still glad I did it because, now I can say I did!
Even stupid, silly experiences are experiences, and in this short life probably we should be maximizing our experiences. Kurt Vonnegut, in one of my favorite books (Cat's Cradle) says "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God."

speaking of dancing lessons...

I never thought I'd willingly answer yes to this question:
"Would you like to dance?"
Saw an awesome Zydeco band, Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys, Saturday night. They were really good. We showed up early for the dancing lesson, its basically a variation on the waltz and the two-step. I pretty much suck but it was fun! I didn't do that bad for a complete beginner. They decorated the place Mardi-gras style, there was face painting, people in costumes, etc. I was terrible, we had to switch partners during the lesson like 7th grade gym class, there were a few awkward moments, one guy spun me around so much I thought I might throw up, but generally it was FUN! $2 Yuenglings and a skilled and patient partner helped.

I never thought I'd run for 1.5 hrs
Probably almost 4 miles. I didn't do this on purpose. I lost my cellphone along the way, and had to backtrack

I never thought I'd give a lecture on the evils of drugs and drinking
On Monday I ran into an old high-school mate, Geoff Rye. We used to call him 'Geoff Fried' because, well he was fried even back then. He was working at Don Pablos. He kept saying, 'yep, I'm just living the Punk Rock life'
What the hell does that even mean?
Anyway, it was a great segue into a lesson for kids about why college is important, and just say no to drugs and excessive drinking!

Funny quote of the weekend:

"We catch squirrels in a cage, and drive them 5 miles away and release them."
"...but....why?"
"We live out in the country. Its reeeeeaaallly boring out there."

HAHA!

4 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

I love Cat's Cradle too! Check out my blog, sammygeerock.blogspot.com

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don Pablo's sucks!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger monica said...

OMG geoff fried! hahhahaa i remember that dude! SO FUNNY!

damn you! i cant believe you saw Steve Riley and didn't tell me about it! arghhh! i love them! i am SO glad that you danced tho! so fun! :)

and that quote was SO funnY! there were like a million hilarious things they said. HIlarious! hahha i loved it!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Noam said...

FIrst of all, how come I could never get you to learn to dance for all the money in the world? It was just something personal against me, wasn't it.

Also, 4 miles in 1.5 hours? You weren't running, or else you run really really slow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home