Monday, September 29, 2008

Housewarming in the booty-hole

On Saturday we headed down to DC for Jolene's house warming party. I showed up in the EXACT IDENTICAL outfit to my friend that I was meeting there. I mean, everything except the glasses! Kind of embarrassing because it prob looked planned but I guess it shows we both have taste ! or something?? Anyway Joley lives in a SFH in DC with a yard and everything, which I didn't even know existed. It was pretty entertaining. one party-goer told me about her own personal medical mystery (which I love that kind of stuff, I always watch those shows on Discovery Health!), some of the musically inclined guys started playing guitar and singing. Her roomate Tony, who was a riot once he got drunk (singing his own rendition of several songs replacing 'put it in the booty hole' for the normal lyrics) is in a band called the Breakups, who I think are breaking up, ironically. Here is a video - this makes the party look way more like a super drunk-fest (or an irish wake, Snatch-style) than it actually was. I swear. Really.




Welp tonight is the jewish new year, actually a high holy day unlike the american new year which is all about getting loaded and fireworks and making out :P In summary you eat apples dipped in honey to wish for a sweet new year, and if you go to synagogue you get to hear them blow the shofar which is like an animal horn. I have no idea why. but I'd bet a dollar my brother will post the reason in my comments section. In general you are supposed to look at the mistakes of the past year and plan the changes you will make in the new year. Prolly not a bad idea -

Ok so, I just got out of a meeting where my boss was looking at his calendar to schedule the next meeting and goes, 'another damn jewish holiday!'

I have to assume he doesn't know I am jewish.

I usually don't feel like too much of a minority living in a hostile environment so far in this american life, but sometimes reality hits you in the face.

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Noam said...

You owe me a dollar

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't give him the dollar.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you two dressed the same, btw. I was hoping SOMEONE would come in costume at least..., so I didn't feel let down at all. I wasn't on the porch for Irish songs, damnation & hellfire!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home