Tuesday, August 22, 2006

babies babies babies!

Well something must have been in the air about a year ago because lately it seems everyone is having babies! Or maybe that's just what people my age do, procreate. I'm not very up on the 'regular way of doing things' since I have been out of that loop for... well, forever. Here is a photo of my friend Eric, his wife, stepson, and new baby boy, Asa Connally Hamiter, a ten pound cutie-pie.

Eric looks so proud and happy! awesome.

In other news, the best boyfriend ever, we can just call him TBBE for short, took me and the boys to see a play at Toby's dinner theater this weekend, the Buddy Holly story. It was really fun! The best parts of the story were about the racial barriers broken both by music itself and by Buddy not giving a rats ass what other people thought. Did you know that Buddy Holly and the Crickets were the first white band to play at the Apollo Theater in Harlem (booked by accident since they 'sounded like a colored band')? And that, while they were practically booed off stage at the beginning, once they started playing, everyone got into it and color became insignificant? He also didn't care about racial and religious barriers when marrying his wife, a hispanic catholic girl named Maria Elena. This was in the 50's! And, while less historically relevant, I really loved the fact that he didn't let anyone change him or his music. He didn't let the music industry mold him into a product. He refused to sell out, not for a record deal, fame, or fortune. Sublime.

4 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Ew! You clearly have no idea what the word cute means!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger SuperWife said...

whew...if Highlander hadn't been with me all weekend, I'd have thought he was stepping out on me! After all, around these parts, HE'S TBBE...;)

Glad you had a good time. I'd love to see that show as well!!

(My verification word was 'namym'. I think that's the sound you make when you nibble a baby earlobe...)

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

I used to know a guy who looked exactly like Buddy Holly.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

noam:
baby bunnies are super-cute; maybe this will help you to think that baby is cute too- his dad said he was a hairy little monkey with fur growing off of his shoulderblades. thats kind of bunny-like...

superfiancee:
Its been a long time since I nibbled a baby's earlobe, however I do imagine that might be the sound I would make! :)
...unless it was a hairy earlobe, in which case it might be 'namympthththbleck'

notcarrie: in a sexy way or in a dorky way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home