Monday, January 16, 2006

powerless

So, I think my sister is a drug addict, but there's really nothing I can do about it. I feel like I've been 'saving' her non-stop since she was 11, but obviously my vigilance and concern have been useless. I mean, I guess things could be worse by now, but I'm sure they will get there because she doesn't care, about her life, about herself. Maybe she is hoping she will accidentally die so she doesn't have to worry about the painful parts of living anymore. Maybe she is trying to escape from an unhappy reality, and thinks nothing bad will ever happen to her. Maybe she is just an addict and can't help it. All I know is I can't ever believe what she says, she is a very good bullshitter. And that the more I think about her boyfriend being an enabler, the more I want to wring his neck, because while she is an adult making adult decisions, and had a problem long before she met him, I feel that if he cared one iota about her he would try to stop her. Its really hard to worry this much and not be able to do *anything* about it. Because in the end, the choices we make are ours alone. Unfortunately when someone makes selfish self-destructive choices, it will be up to the rest of us to live with it and pick up the peices.

4 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Noam said...

My god ariella, what the hell is wrong with you? Don't you have the slightest clue? goddammit.

You're missing *everything*!

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhhhh what? hahaha. you're so worried. that's so cute.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also i'm not stupid. my judgement is not as poor as you think and you tend to blow out of proportion this "drug addiction" thing which you know nothing about. believe what you will. maybe i'm not bullshitting as much as you think. give me a little credit? and for gods sake don't blame anything on jacob. i have always been who i am and done what i do regardless of who i am with or where i am. that is all.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger SwallowedAlive said...

Tie her up and shoot her boyfriend. It's the only way. Be there for her, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home