Sunday, January 08, 2006

no fair

Thug?

So, yesterday was so totally no fair.

On Friday, I picked up my perscription at Safeway. When I got back to work, I noticed they gave me the wrong perscription (an old one from months ago.) I immediately called, and Tony, the f*ckhole behind the counter, basically said it was my fault and they can't take the medicine back because of tampering laws, and if I wanted my real perscription I would have to pay an additional $60 copay to pick it up. Which is just ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that when I picked it up, I said to the lady, "this doesn't look like my perscription" to which she replied, "yeah, they changed the packaging."

Anyway I argued with the guy on the phone for a while, finally saying, "Ok, I can see that you can't help me, so can you transfer me to someone who can?" He tried to ignore me and kept saying, "We can't take it back, there's nothing we can do, it was your error" and not even being nice about it. Finally I got him to transefer me to the store manager, who didn't pick up his extention (maybe he transferred me to the annoying customer line, which rings in some empty office!) Anyway V called me while this was happening, and could clearly tell I was upset, and knight in shining armor that he is, (and a little bit of me whining about how I hate confrontation and am very bad at it!) he offered to come with me on Saturday to try to work it out in person. We got our story straight about why its their fault and how even if it wasn't their fault they still better exchange it, and what to say (er, threaten) if they still didn't cooperate. Well, we walk in there, V ready for a battle, and me dreading the scene to come...

guess what happened.

The guy took one look at V and completely buckled!! No confrontation, no threats, no demands, he sort of started to look like he was going to argue, his lip started to quiver, and he just said, 'Ok, I'll just call and have your new perscription transferred to here and make the exchange. We'll think of this as a learning experience." And then he was tumbling over himself to please, all sh*t-eating grins and apologies for taking too long.

I couldn't beleive it, what the hell!??

Do I have 'walk all over me' written on my forehead? Do I sound like a pushover on the phone? Did V really look like he might jump over the counter and throttle the guy? Is it because I am a woman and he is a man?

No fair!

4 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger The Creator said...

well... part of it is your gender. women are routinely treated with putoffs like this because, most of the time, it works for the person on the other end of the telephone.

but it is also true that this response has become standard operating procedure for telephone complaints. call your insurance company, for example about a misfiled claim.

now, if scribby is right, a little confrontation might be a good thing for you. but you'll have to do it in person, the telephone makes it too easy to be an asshole.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Have you thought about a sex change?

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger monica said...

damn that does suck! but i think you did the right thing on the phone trying to get a manager and all that. unfortunately, they do pull that shit alot - transferring you to someones voicemail automatically or themanager always just *happens* to be busy on the line with someone else or out to lunch. yeah...right.

sometimes it helps to get someone else to help, ive helped a friend at work get something done - i think it worked b/c a 2nd person was involved and i also wasnt to emotionally involved in it. but who knows. i might just be badass LOL sike.

anyways, unfortunately that kinda bs sexism still does exist. on the other hand, sometimes a little cleaveage can get alot done for chicks, so i dunno!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home