Sunday, January 22, 2006

i like soy milk anyway.

One thing that came up in a conversation this morning is the saying, 'why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free'

Now, while that may be true, its really too simplistic. First of all, the cow may not want to be bought. Once the farmer owns the cow, he might not milk her so sweetly, he might take her for granted since she's always around, he will probably expect her to plow the field as well as giving milk. Second and perhaps most important of all, does the cow really want the farmer to buy her because she's holding out on him? I mean doesn't she want him to buy her because he loves her and will take good care of her, always putting her first, and wants to spend the rest of his life with her? I don't think the cow should consider letting the farmer buy her unless she is sure he loves her. Because, milk isn't everything. Well, chocolate milk maybe...

Anyway I was saying, that saying is only applicable to women with an agenda. An agenda like, Land a Husband. Which implies, presumably for monetary gain, a woman has a plan to get a certain guy to propose, and goes about trying to coerce him to do this with different tricks and psychological tactics, or even flat out pressure and threats. I guess they call that 'playing the game' and some say that men need to be forced to settle down, but something about it strikes me as gross. Maybe I'm a romantic and not a realist, maybe I'm living in fantasy la-la-land, but I don't want a man to ask to marry me because I fought off all of the competition, embedded some subconcious pushes, told his friends just the right thing to get them to try to talk him into it, have an ultimatum, or whatever. I want it to be the clear and only path for that man. Unquestionable. Love, not tricks. Love, not fear of being alone. Love, not 'crap i'm getting old, i better marry someone'. Love, not familial pressure. Love love love.

Am I being naive?

So, when asked whether or not I have an agenda, I can with a clear concience say, no, I don't. Or, my agenda is to be happy and try to make others happy, and I plan (hope to have the balls) to follow whatever path that seems the most likely to bring those results, in an open and honest way. Isn't it OK to not have an agenda, a.k.a. conniving girl-plan?

The moral of the story is, LOVE YOUR COW.

13 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Noam said...

You can make pudding with soymilk. Then it's not just less revolting, but a lot healthier. For you and the cow, who keeps getting impregnated and having her babies traumatically torn from her to be raised immobilized in veal crates for 6 weeks then killed. Anyway, no one is milking the cow sweetly, I assure you.

As for women, the saying means don't have sex before marriage. Who are you kidding? That ship has sailed for you, you slut whore.

Ok, you don't want a guy to marry you under pressure to do so. But you don't mind him not meeting his ex because of your pressure. I guess sometimes you're willing to make compromises to get what you want...

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

I'm not saying its wrong to know what you want and be willing to verbalize it, as in, 'I want to get married, and if you aren't the marrying type then we will have to break up' or as in, 'it makes me feel upset if you hang out with your ex g/fs all the time'

Thats called communication.

That is totally different from the cow scenario, where a woman holds out on something the man wants in order to force him to commit. She's presumably doing it for financial gain, he for the 'milk' so to speak.

I guess having an agenda is not bad, in and of itself. Its the tactics I have beef with.

Beef, get it?

My problem is with women who have 'marriage' as an agenda and plot and plan ways to coerce someone to their will.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger SwallowedAlive said...

Is this about beastiality?
Marrying cows is gross. Sheep maybe, but cows are the hippo of the milk world and that's just nasty.
What is your definition of Love anyhow?
And is having no agenda an agenda? Sounds manipulative.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Noam said...

Sorry, my previous comment came out wrong. Shirley is neither slut nor whore nor slut whore nor hut slore, nor any other combination thereof. I was trying to be ridiculous. My bountiful apologies for writing without thinking.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger monica said...

cows plow fields?

i prefer Rice Milk. sometimes soy is ok too, but alot of times its too sweet. anyways, i am out of edameme! i eat like 2 bags a week! sooooo good! wanna go to the asian market soon and get some?

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger monica said...

PS to Noam - that was hilarious you saying that! haha i dunno, i got it, tho i do admit i am still surprised when something crass comes out of your mouth!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Do you get edamame in the pods? I just get soybeans, boil them and smother them with salt, it's so good and much easier to eat.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we first started dating Spider Girl said that getting married is a bad idea. That it ruined the relationship and that most of them ended in divorce anyway.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger monica said...

i love the edameme in the pods! it makes it more fun to eat!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

V's comment has generated so much email backlash that I sense a dedicated blog entry coming...

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an interesting blog, Spidey!

You guys should take me to the Asian market! Which one do you go to?!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

The one on Rt. 40...but I would gladly hit the one on Snowden River Parkway with you, since it is conveniently located right near House of India!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home