Monday, May 23, 2005

well this sucks

Today was crazy and high stress. I think I only actually accomplished 15 minutes of actual work at work today. I spent all day back and forth with the bank and my real estate agent trying to get a new prequalification letter since mine expired like YESTERDAY. Well, another $100 down the drain. I am pretty stressed about whether or not I will get the house, both worried that I won't get it and that I will for way more money then its worth! There are 8 offers on it total, that is a lot of competition. But, I've lost so many times I'm used to it! More bad news is I agreed to take a half day at work to drive down to Reston again to work on some floorplans, I think its like a test, or else the guy doesn't realize that I have a full time job and live an hour away. But, if it turns into regular freelance work it will be worth it, especially if I get the house and have no money. P.S. Spellchecker suggested I replace "Reston" with "rectum". Who knew spellcheck was so smart! Good thing I was so busy today, or else I'd be a lot more salty about my previously-bragged-about boyfriend not meeting me for lunch! Angie says getting stood up for lunch definitely deserves a necklace to make up for it. What do you think? Let me know by leaving a comment.

Now for the exciting news. My ex-boss who left about 6 months ago for a better job, when she left, said the only thing she was sad about is not being able to take me with her, because she digs me and also thinks I am super talented (aw, gawrsh). She promised if a web job ever opens up or she can create one, she will call me and try to get me in. "Just wait for the call, one day it will come" she said. Well, I all but forgot about it when today, the call came! The web chick at her job just gave her notice, and she is totally going to push for me to get this job! So, I don't know if I'll get it or if I'm qualified or anything, but it sure helps to have someone talking you up from the inside! Its in downtown Balt, Charles St. I think, and she said I would DEF be making more money then I am now, that she is going to try to work it into a major career jump for me. WOW. So I am so psyched about the possibility even. Plus, it will look great on my resume since it is a well known company, and, FINALLY, I can have a job that I not only can be artistic in, but also feel like I am contributing to an organization that is making a difference in the world. W00T! Its United Way, by the way. Also, I don't know if I could take advantage of this due to the longer commute, but, they have flex shedules where you can have every other Monday or Friday off!!! yeah! Eat shit Monica and Victor!



My old boss Lisa, sitting next to me.
Thats Kevin on the end.

Well, now I have to do an activity worse then death, worse then dismemberment, worse then watching Meet the Parents, worse then eating blue cheese, worse then getting stood up for lunch by your boyfriend..... I have to ... update my resume! THE HORROR!

But, I decided I want my gravestone DEFINITELY to say, 'Well this sucks'

In case it ever comes up.

4 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I know what you did yesterday...



... you shot me in the eye with a rubberband.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

here's a llama
there's a llama
and another little llama
fuzzy llama
funny llama
llama llama
DUCK

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spell check tried to replace Lasheema with Blasphome and Alzheimers...

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! And I was doing so well too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home